bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ford bronco, 2020 jeep gladiator overland
Occupation
Retired C-141/C-130 FE. now, 9th grade math instr
good evening all.
i am in contact with OX Locker and on Dec 22, 2020 i received this back in an email from
Chip Keckler OX Locker Sales/Tech/Customer service:
"
Looks like the beginning of January. I just received my raw gears from the machine shop.
These need to be broached and heat treat.

i plan on emailing him back on 15 Jan 2021

jtimbrook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
I ran one in my '12 and when I get to that point I'd run one again in my Gladiator. My reasoning when I originally did it was that I wanted a locker that did not rely on extra moving parts and so I went with a cable actuated locker. The biggest advantage with the OX is if the cable did for some reason break they offer an additional lock out pin so that you can still self-recover with either an open or locked diff. I had too many friends at the time running air lockers getting into situations where the air lines either melted, popped, or separated and left several of them stranded because of it.

bryanklay

First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
as i was researching the idea of lockers for the gladiator, i stumbled upon a conversation about Ox Lockers and went to their website. when i read about the emergency lockout pin, that was what sold it for me. i am just waiting because i plan on changing gears when i install the front locker. i have the trac lock for the rear end.

Sponsored

Tufelhundin

First Name
Windsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S “sold”, 2022 JTR
Occupation
Gov
good evening all.
i am in contact with OX Locker and on Dec 22, 2020 i received this back in an email from
Chip Keckler OX Locker Sales/Tech/Customer service:
"
Looks like the beginning of January. I just received my raw gears from the machine shop.
These need to be broached and heat treat.

i plan on emailing him back on 15 Jan 2021

Any news??

Jlmckinney

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Lineman
I’m waiting to see when these come available, I’ll be buying one for my Mojave as soon as they hit

bryanklay

First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
i sent an email last friday and am waiting to hear.

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
Not a lot into on OX lockers. Most info appears to be several years old. Kinda of a cool idea though with the electronic shifting system.

update: just called ox and talked to Chip. Said the gladiator systems should be in this weekend. I asked him what we preferred air vs their electric and he said he preferred the air. Said they tend not to have the failures that ARB does.

Last edited:

Sponsored

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Not a lot into on OX lockers. Most info appears to be several years old. Kinda of a cool idea though with the electronic shifting system.

update: just called ox and talked to Chip. Said the gladiator systems should be in this weekend. I asked him what we preferred air vs their electric and he said he preferred the air. Said they tend not to have the failures that ARB does.
Good info! I am avoiding anything air actuated since I live in MN and condensation freezing is a concern, plus adding a pump yada yada.

I have no idea where I would mount the additional lever though...

OP
OP
FLUndertaker

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
I just like the idea of cable actuated. No airlines or electrical connections to fail or additional components to buy. I’m strongly thinking about an OX in each end.

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
I just like the idea of cable actuated. No airlines or electrical connections to fail or additional components to buy. I’m strongly thinking about an OX in each end.
I'm with you.

Email from Ox "I DO HAVE THSES FOR THE JL AND JT M186, M200, M210 AND THE M220"

So they are now available! I followed up asking for price because I haven't found anything listed on the website yet.

21RG

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
4Wheeling
I ran one in my '12 and when I get to that point I'd run one again in my Gladiator. My reasoning when I originally did it was that I wanted a locker that did not rely on extra moving parts and so I went with a cable actuated locker. The biggest advantage with the OX is if the cable did for some reason break they offer an additional lock out pin so that you can still self-recover with either an open or locked diff. I had too many friends at the time running air lockers getting into situations where the air lines either melted, popped, or separated and left several of them stranded because of it.
Exactly.

Mike1087

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Just placed my order for front/rear. Been talking with Chip about them since November and finally got the email this morning they are ready to ship once payment was received! Had to call to finalize.

I am going to try out the air actuator option this time around using a standalone 20oz co2 paintball tank. I ran their electric actuator on my TJ and had zero issues so if I dont like the air i can revert back to this option.
Sponsored