P025B - Fuel pump problems

MikiS

First Name
Mikolaj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland 3.0 Diesel EU
Hello from Poland! I bought a Jeep Gladiator Ecodiesel, Overland from a Polish dealership - I luv this truck!

I'm looking for help or maybe someone with similiar case - Whenever I tip my truck - even by 6 degrees, check engine light comes on with P025B problem.
So far my gladiator has spent about 4 months being fixed - warranty claim.
At first they replaced pump control module, which didn't help, then the pump has been replaced with a new unit. It didn't help at all.
Truck runs fine on normal roads, as soon as I go offroad and truck starts leaning to the sides or when I go up or downhill, P025B appears. Dealership told me they are out of ideas - they don't know what's wrong with it and how to fix it.

Screenshot_20221229_155125_OBD JScan.jpg

Screenshot_20221229_154950_OBD JScan.jpg
Sponsored

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
6 degrees in what direction? forward, back, left right?

sounds like a wire harness issue, something is getting streached or pulled when the jeep is leaned a certain direction.

i would try to narrow down the exact circumstances that cause the issue and figure out how to repeat it. maybe even get it do the failure, leave it in the potion and start looking at all the wires to the pump for anomalies.

That or tell the dealer its defective and you want a replacement jeep.

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU
I agree the poster above. My old Jeep had a short in the wiring harness causing the transmission to throw codes and go into limp mode sporadically. It only happened when the jeep flexed a certain way. They finally figured it out when they tried it on the lift with the axles/wheels drooped down.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Check the wiring harness by the transmission and exhaust. There is a bracket that rubs on the harness and causes mayhem. There is a couple of threads on it.

OP
OP
MikiS

MikiS

First Name
Mikolaj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check the wiring harness by the transmission and exhaust. There is a bracket that rubs on the harness and causes mayhem. There is a couple of threads on it.
you mean this big black plastic plug like thingie with multiple pins? The one housed in aluminium housing?

Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
On the passenger side of the engine/transmission. There is a bracket for the exhaust. On some years, the wiring rubs on it. Causing shorts.

OP
OP
MikiS

MikiS

First Name
Mikolaj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6 degrees in what direction? forward, back, left right?
6 degrees right, passenger side

That or tell the dealer its defective and you want a replacement jeep.
Doesn't work like that - got MB 330d as a replacement until the problem is fixed. They won't trade your car for a new one. Had Beemer diesel, it caught fire, whole engine bay and exhaust were damaged - cost of repair was 23 000$, car value at the time 20 000$ - I offered them that they can buy it back from me, they said no, they will keep fixing it, until it drives again, and they did.

OP
OP
MikiS

MikiS

First Name
Mikolaj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On the passenger side of the engine/transmission. There is a bracket for the exhaust. On some years, the wiring rubs on it. Causing shorts.
thanks man! will look into that.

OP
OP
MikiS

MikiS

First Name
Mikolaj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you!
I brought the truck back to the dealership - they set the rear wheel on some elevation and kept shaking the bed until check engine came on.
It was indeed a problem with the harness you mentioned. Problem solved - thank you for helping out - if you ever visit Poland I owe you a real beer :)

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
Thank you!
I brought the truck back to the dealership - they set the rear wheel on some elevation and kept shaking the bed until check engine came on.
It was indeed a problem with the harness you mentioned. Problem solved - thank you for helping out - if you ever visit Poland I owe you a real beer :)
Yes first thing to check with EcoD "electrical" issues is the harness that crosses/rubs on the EGR tube flange. There is even a TSB about it. Lots of threads on here about it.

I am just posting this here for posterity sake

Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Thank you!
A blind mouse in a cheese factory gets lucky every now and then.