First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S, Bright White
Occupation
IT Geek and Data Nerd
So I've been hit by the MIL yesterday and checked the code on it this morning and it's the P0300 - Random Misfire code.
I already have an appointment on Tuesday to take it in to the closest dealer and have them look at it.
Searching around the forums it seems the random misfire code could be multiple different things so I have no desire to drive it and make anything possibly worse until then. I know the code is common, but these engines having issues so close to new seems to be very prevalent.
For reference, I bought mine on 3/8 so it's roughly 2.5 months old and has 4,680 miles.
I owned a 2019 Challenger before this with the 3.6L V6 in it and drove it almost 25K miles with no issues before trading it in for my Gladiator.
I guess I'm just wondering, just how prevalent the issue is and if I should start to plan my exit from my gladiator and stop buying parts to add on...
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
2020 Gladiator Overland, 26,000 miles and then some. No codes, no misfires, no engine issues of any sort. No drivetrain issues of any sort.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Let the dealer work it before starting to panic and bailing. Like I am sure you have already googled around on the issue, it could be something benign or something more serious.

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
Put the guess work behind you and get an oil analysis done. The lab will tell you if your metal numbers are good or not and can prepare you that something bad is looming or maybe all is good and nothing to worry about.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
Put the guess work behind you and get an oil analysis done. The lab will tell you if your metal numbers are good or not and can prepare you that something bad is looming or maybe all is good and nothing to worry about.
Where do you get that done?

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Where do you get that done?
https://www.blackstone-labs.com/products/free-test-kits/

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/FIL4077

Blackstone kit is the more popular one most use. If you cannot wait for a sample kit to arrive from them, then you can walk into most NAPA stores and get a kit from them. Either one you still have to mail off and wait a couple of weeks for results.

There may be a local analysis lab to you that you would have to look up, but they are usually setup for lager industrial accounts and may not do individual walk in requests and/or are cost prohibitive.

Last edited:

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
People Work?
https://www.blackstone-labs.com/products/free-test-kits/

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/FIL4077

Blacstone kit is the more popular one most use. If you cannot wait for a sample kit to arrive from them, then you can walk into most NAPA stores and get a kit from them. Either one you still have to mail off and wait a couple of weeks for results.

There may be a local analysis lab to you that you would have to look up, but they are usually setup for lager industrial accounts and may not do individual walk in requests and/or are cost prohibitive.
Thanks so much!
This will help me better prepared for my Star case day.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Thanks so much!
This will help me better prepared for my Star case day.
Just keep in mind that as a matter of practice, most dealership service departments and techs do not readily accept oil analysis data given to them by the customer. It is good data for you, but they have their process to follow that may not include oil analysis. It should be the first thing they do, but they seem to work problems backwards than what makes most sense.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
People Work?
Just keep in mind that as a matter of practice, most dealership service departments and techs do not readily accept oil analysis data given to them by the customer. It is good data for you, but they have their process to follow that may not include oil analysis. It should be the first thing they do, but they seem to work problems backwards than what makes most sense.
It's all good. I do their IT support and have a good relationship with the service manager. Even if it's just a side conversation off the books, if the analysis yields anything of concern he will work with me to get the right solutions. So far it's a single cylinder misfire, so I'm hoping it's not a rocker issue, but a spark issue.

JonBonJon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Noodle Salesman
Just had my '22 Sport S (roughly 6,000 miles) in for the same code a couple weeks ago plus codes for incorrect voltage to the O2 sensor and engine running lean. Tech's diagnosis was that the head gasket was leaking oil onto the 02 sensor and caused a short. Solution was to replace the gasket and O2 sensor. So far no further issues.
Sponsored