Sponsored

Paint Chips

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
I was reading a post on scratches and I thought I would share a tip for paint chips. I've bought hobby shop detail brushes, Mack pin brushes, never found a brush I liked for chips. I don't use brushes anymore on chips. I use a ruling pen. You can adjust the width and the amount of paint it holds, works pretty good. I like to set the width smaller than the chip area and move it around the inside edges of the chip and fill up the area. It's not idiot proof and does require a certain skill level but I prefer it to brushes. Play around with it and experiment before you actually use it on your loved ones. Ruling Pen.
71lu8yurxvl-_sy355_-jpg.jpg

jk62771-jakar-ruling-pen_p1-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
TroutFishingInAmerica

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
how does that thing work? ive used one of these for years w great success

Jeep Gladiator Paint Chips 89cb2d6b-b0e2-4f50-acd0-5cbca1286c90.a7d777fae642cd69d24eeac1bd16eb92
That looks like a cool little tool!
The ruling pen has 2 blades, you adjust the spacing of the blades with the knurled wheel. Dip the end in paint. You can dip a little or dip deep and load it up, the paint stayes between the blades. I wipe off the outside excess, then you can dabb little spots or move it around for larger ones.
Sponsored