Paint run, anyone have this issue?

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I noticed yesterday a pretty bad (now that I see it) paint run on the driver side rear door. Has anyone had any luck getting a dealer to correct anything like this? I’ll see if I can capture it in a picture, but being white, it hides itself very well.

I mean I am going likely pinstripe this thing to hell in the next few years, but I found it odd that it got past quality control in that condition.
Sponsored

JEEPmonkey

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 1993 YJ
Occupation
RN
I noticed yesterday a pretty bad (now that I see it) paint run on the driver side rear door. Has anyone had any luck getting a dealer to correct anything like this? I’ll see if I can capture it in a picture, but being white, it hides itself very well.

I mean I am going likely pinstripe this thing to hell in the next few years, but I found it odd that it got past quality control in that condition.
I bought a brand new Bright White in June 2019 from an out of state dealer, after the 3 hour drive home I discovered multiple paint defects as if it had been re-clearcoated at the yard or the dealer. There was overspray on the hood hinges and along the front of the hood. After about a year there were pit/rust marks ALL OVER as if they clear coat re-spray was done in an unfavorable environment. I filed a warranty claim the week I purchased the jeep for the overspray, I sold the Bright White July 2021 to get a Gecko. To date I have not received a response for the warranty claim, every follow up call I made I was told it was in review. So I guess good luck if you do go the warranty route.

OP
OP
Jefe1018

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I would call it a mildl eyesore. It’s like I can’t unsee it anymore. Excuse the dirtiness, it’s been raining the last few days.

@rharr @JEEPmonkey

Jeep Gladiator Paint run, anyone have this issue? 0E77EE00-2CD5-4D12-80D8-119FC21A54ED

ROC

First Name
Rocco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
That can be sanded and buffed out pretty cheap if you take it to a local body shop.

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't have a problem with this.
I remember when I was in my early 20s and I got a flat while driving my mom's 300 (W124) series Benz.

I lifted the floor to get at the spare and it was all just too perfect. The spare tire well was as nicely finished as my Subaru's fenders. Everything was perfectly painted with rubber trim around the edges. The plywood that served as the trunk floor was furniture grade and banded around the edges. The jack was this marvel of German over-engineering and was painted with automotive grade paint. The tire iron forged, not cast, and was cadmium plated. It was crazy. There was probably $500 in unnecessary finishing there.

I think that putting quality where it matters makes sense. If the blemishes are truly not something a customer would see or something that impacts longevity or performance, then fine.

MikeyK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Teacher
Mine is a bright white Willys, and I’ve found several dirt particles in the factory paint. I’ve painted vehicles over the years as a backyard mechanic, so I’m guilty of some dirt, but this is the first factory vehicle to show up like that for me. 🫤
Sponsored