painted hardtops ordering issue

NYR_4_LIFE

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
anybody else having an issue ordering painted hardtops. My sales guys cant submit my order ,it keeps getting kicked back
originally
ordered granite back on 5-4 put down a deposit knowing I had to wait until early June . Finally the day comes, granite opens but they cant complete my order do to the painted hardtop. was told could be a wait due to it being a late availability color. So i switched to Red since they have been making the LE with the body color hardtop.That was Friday the Rep just called me said it got kicked back due to the body color hardtop. He was just as confused because he has LE fire crackers coming in with the body color hardtops . So no non LE order's are getting threw with the body color hardtop

tried three different body colors....... sting , granite and red none would go threw with the matching body color top . he also said other options are disappearing like the blue tooth speaker steal bumper
Sponsored

Troutman

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 jkx, 16 jkuhr, 2020 gladiator
steel bumpers have been a issue, i was unable to order mine with one. I wonder if the painted hard top is contributing to the delays people are experiencing

DanOnTheCob

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
anybody else having an issue ordering painted hardtops. My sales guys cant submit my order ,it keeps getting kicked back
originally
ordered granite back on 5-4 put down a deposit knowing I had to wait until early June . Finally the day comes, granite opens but they cant complete my order do to the painted hardtop. was told could be a wait due to it being a late availability color. So i switched to Red since they have been making the LE with the body color hardtop.That was Friday the Rep just called me said it got kicked back due to the body color hardtop. He was just as confused because he has LE fire crackers coming in with the body color hardtops . So no non LE order's are getting threw with the body color hardtop

tried three different body colors....... sting , granite and red none would go threw with the matching body color top . he also said other options are disappearing like the blue tooth speaker steal bumper
The list keeps on building for whats not available, pretty soon even base options like a steering wheel will hold up orders, at least that's how it seems.

OP
OP

NYR_4_LIFE

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
well was able to place my order today with the painted top had to get rid of the steal bumper though (already looking at after market bumpers )
should know tomorrow if it gets kick back again finger crossed

Bing

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy Silverado, 2008 Pontiac G8 GXP, 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
well was able to place my order today with the painted top had to get rid of the steal bumper though (already looking at after market bumpers )
should know tomorrow if it gets kick back again finger crossed
granite or red?

Sponsored

salvino

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GC Trailhawk/ 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase
My Billet Silver order went through with a painted hard top on 6/10. No steel bumper or bluetooth speakers available then. I did get the trail cam which seems to be non-existent in showrooms.

Soccermike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JT GCMLE '19 JLU '08 JKU
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Was told today by Jeep folks that Crystal Granite painting of Hard Tops still causing problems in the factory. It explains why us lucky LE Crystal Granite wan-na-bees still sit around talking about our Gladiators instead of driving one.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Was told today by Jeep folks that Crystal Granite painting of Hard Tops still causing problems in the factory. It explains why us lucky LE Crystal Granite wan-na-bees still sit around talking about our Gladiators instead of driving one.
Yeah, because they don't have any experience painting removable tops in the same factory that they have built Granite JKs and JLs in. :CWL::CWL: But they opened orders for Punk'N today with body colored tops. Really tired of their excuses...

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon JT, 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales Director Alloy Wheel Repair
The one thing we do know...we dont understand the work flow build process they use.

Sponsored

JoshT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland, Chevy Colorado
So some old GC orders are finally being built, but there's still a hold on new orders with body-color hardtops, right? No updates?

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
Likely, FCA is simply cranking out Gladiators like THEY want to build them. That is, lots of trucks built exactly the same way to reduce costs. Therefore, if a gray gladiator with a painted hard top isn't available, this suggests FCA simply hasn't yet run through the numbers of gray gladiators with black top. Eventually, they'll start a run of gray Gladiators with painted top and then you'll be able to "custom order" such a truck.

Rcrupper

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 wrangler
So some old GC orders are finally being built, but there's still a hold on new orders with body-color hardtops, right? No updates?
I ordered a Granite last Thursday with a painted hardtop and it went through fine....

Rob

JoshT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland, Chevy Colorado
I ordered a Granite last Thursday with a painted hardtop and it went through fine....

Rob
Nice. I'll have to email my dealer and see if I can finally get my order in. Not sure if it makes a difference, but what model did you order?

Rcrupper

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 wrangler
Nice. I'll have to email my dealer and see if I can finally get my order in. Not sure if it makes a difference, but what model did you order?
ordered a rubicon, granite with painted hardtop...
Sponsored