Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I keep seeing topless JLs and now some JTs (online at least) I have to say it... I'm not loving the painted rollbar. While I'm not sure the sun fading cloth cover was better, I think I still prefer it. I'm curious if anyone is planning to do something to make the bars stand out as a rollbar again? LineX? Vinyl wrap? I suppose I should wander over to the JL forum to see what others have done... surely I'm not unique in this opinion.
Sponsored

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Blech absolutely.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I like it because I guess my 1st jeep CJ-7 had it painted with no padding. Just reminds me of that old friend CJ

OP
OP
eternus

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I like it because I guess my 1st jeep CJ-7 had it painted with no padding. Just reminds me of that old friend CJ
My first Jeep, my CJ-7, had a painted black rollbar which I presumed was that way from the factory. It's what I'm leaning towards with this rollbar. Though a little digging revealed that there are some aftermarket pads that folks have added to their JL. Katskin even makes some for around $275.

Hemi

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK, 2020 Gladiator
My CJ7 had a painted rollbar from the factory. My TJ had a painted rollbar, as did my JK bit that was covered in black padding.

My Kaiser-Willys CJ didn't come with a rollbar, I had to add it. I think body colored painted is the norm

Sponsored

cajun charlie

First Name
Cajun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I keep seeing topless JLs and now some JTs (online at least) I have to say it... I'm not loving the painted rollbar. While I'm not sure the sun fading cloth cover was better, I think I still prefer it. I'm curious if anyone is planning to do something to make the bars stand out as a rollbar again? LineX? Vinyl wrap? I suppose I should wander over to the JL forum to see what others have done... surely I'm not unique in this opinion.
I'm hoping someone like @BestopTeam comes out with pads to install on all of the "bare" bars.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase