Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
A quick scan through didn't see any posts, similarly doing a search on the web isn't finding much other than the black interior. After seeing someone do a red line-x in the bed of their truck, I'm curious about doing the inside of the hardtop in an accent color like that, then having black hothead liners installed in there to tone down all that color.
Sponsored

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like a good idea - but what was the question. Paint - simple choose a color / mask / tape shoot. Line-X just make sure your protecting the mating surfaces / keep a good seal probably wouldn't even need Hothead liner at that point due to insulation factor

OP
OP
eternus

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Sounds like a good idea - but what was the question. Paint - simple choose a color / mask / tape shoot. Line-X just make sure your protecting the mating surfaces / keep a good seal probably wouldn't even need Hothead liner at that point due to insulation factor
I figure I can figure out the hows and whys, I just want to see some pictures of people that have done more than the black interior. Specifically an interior that's been done in red or orange, then has black hothead liners, but other colors would be nice. I figure I'd just use some Rust-Oleum Universal (2 in 1 Primer paint) with a matte finish... I tend to have cans of that around the shop at any given moment.

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I've used krylon fusion for plastic with great results. I plan on doing the inside of mine in Tan this time. I've done black on the last couple tops I've had

OP
OP
eternus

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I've used krylon fusion for plastic with great results. I plan on doing the inside of mine in Tan this time. I've done black on the last couple tops I've had
Awesome, i hope you'll post some pics once you've done it. I have orange accents in my JK but never considered the inside... I worry it might be a bit more excessive than I want.

Sponsored

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Awesome, i hope you'll post some pics once you've done it. I have orange accents in my JK but never considered the inside... I worry it might be a bit more excessive than I want.
color match the outside of a loud color would be a bit obnoxious. But I'm not a loud color fan. I saw the oak hot heads liners somewhere with the saddle seats for color comparison and the they looked pretty good.

OP
OP
eternus

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
color match the outside of a loud color would be a bit obnoxious. But I'm not a loud color fan. I saw the oak hot heads liners somewhere with the saddle seats for color comparison and the they looked pretty good.
Yah, I'm not a fan of loud colors (my JKU is Anvil, my JT will be Sting-Gray) but I'm wondering if its just orange around the edges, with the black headliner keeping it the bulk of everything covered. I want to see someone else do it first. =oP

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Yah, I'm not a fan of loud colors (my JKU is Anvil, my JT will be Sting-Gray) but I'm wondering if its just orange around the edges, with the black headliner keeping it the bulk of everything covered. I want to see someone else do it first. =oP
I ran a tan top on my JK and tan seat covers. ( Avoid black in the sun where I can. I'm gonna get the Jeep and do the inside to match the seats. If I like it enough I might do the outside too. Need to see sting and tan together in person before making that call.
Sponsored