First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
Job.... always got a job...
Reaching out to brethren JT jockeys in the panhandle area that may want to meet up for a burger and and a brewski. Thoughts?
Sponsored

wmjbyatt

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Sport S
If you ever get down to Miami, feel free to hit me up. I just drove my JT down from Tri-City last weekend and I'm going wheeling for the first time this weekend.

ThomFoolery

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1978 Bandit Trans Am
Vehicle Showcase
We're in GA but we head down there a lot. I already have a spot and hotel reserved for Jeepalooza in Destin in October. Would love to get together with some other JTs while there!

OP
OP
Jeepdude413

Jeepdude413

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
We're in GA but we head down there a lot. I already have a spot and hotel reserved for Jeepalooza in Destin in October. Would love to get together with some other JTs while there!
Absolutely... looking forward to it. Will be in Jasper over Labor Day so maybe there will be some there.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
What about trails in the region? I just recently moved to the Panhandle from north Georgia. Any good places to go exploring and possibly camping?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepdude413

Jeepdude413

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
Camping is abundant in the area. Many trails to ride on Blackwater state forest and Eglin afb. Just make sure u get a recreation pass from Jackson guard b4 hitting the trails on Eglin. Very little technical/hard areas around here, just lots of either mud or dust this time of year. Lol.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ME
Camping is abundant in the area. Many trails to ride on Blackwater state forest and Eglin afb. Just make sure u get a recreation pass from Jackson guard b4 hitting the trails on Eglin. Very little technical/hard areas around here, just lots of either mud or dust this time of year. Lol.
I'd really just like some basic trails if I'm honest. I had my YJ on D60s, King coilovers, stretched wheelbase...you know, STUFF. I used that all over in the Smokies and Appalachians, but I don't think I can bring myself to beat up a new JT just yet. Somewhere to go explore and find a campsite or some cool things. Maybe explore some springs for a weekend. I'm a national park annual member, but it seems like everyone I talk to mentions state parks. Looks like I need to add another card!

Would like to avoid mud as it's just a pain to get clean. But dusty trails with some water crossings work fine!

Jimmoiv

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 jeep Cherokee
Vehicle Showcase
I'm also in the panhandle, based in Destin. I've heard good things about the trails on Eglin, but there is a bit of mud in certain areas. I personally have enjoyed trail riding in Pt. Washington State park. You can get pretty lost, and pay attention to the signs. there are some restricted areas.

Also, JeepDude413, Beers and burgers are some of my favorite things, so i'm in.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ME
I think I just don't know the right places to look online. Pretty much everything I find is for ATV and motorcycles it seems.

Wide trails exist, right? :LOL:

OP
OP
Jeepdude413

Jeepdude413

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
I think I just don't know the right places to look online. Pretty much everything I find is for ATV and motorcycles it seems.

Wide trails exist, right? :LOL:
Eglin AFB is full of roads/trails to ride. Just go to the Jackson Guard website and buy a pass, $20, and u can ride all the numbered roads and also w/o a pass you can ride all of the numbered roads in Blackwater State forest. Many trails to explore if u have never been down them. Some are narrow yes but still many to ride. Going to Jasper this weekend for the Jeepfest. We can always get together and ride next weekend maybe if u available. I am not one to do crazy stuff, just chill trails for me.

Sponsored

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ME
Eglin AFB is full of roads/trails to ride. Just go to the Jackson Guard website and buy a pass, $20, and u can ride all the numbered roads and also w/o a pass you can ride all of the numbered roads in Blackwater State forest. Many trails to explore if u have never been down them. Some are narrow yes but still many to ride. Going to Jasper this weekend for the Jeepfest. We can always get together and ride next weekend maybe if u available. I am not one to do crazy stuff, just chill trails for me.
I’d be onboard, but I’m finalizing the order of mine right now. Got the final quote and build sheet sent over tonight and should sign it for tomorrow. So I’ll see you in about six months?:giggle:

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ME
What are some good service departments? Buying my JT out of state and hoping to establish a good relationship for service. I’m a Tallahassee man and have heard goofy reviews for their service.

Where are you guys getting work done?

OP
OP
Jeepdude413

Jeepdude413

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
Have not had the JT anywhere for service as of yet. I did have recall/warranty issues on JKR worked out by the dealership in Crestview. Not sure how to rate but they did take care of issues.

Last edited:

gmc1000_1965

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
sorry for the late response, I'm based in crestview. I ride into the range every now n then. theres an overland bound group hitting up Andersen pond on the 28th around noon I believe to talk about upcoming events and rides

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Would like to avoid mud as it's just a pain to get clean. But dusty trails with some water crossings work fine!
THIS!
SOMEBODY identify THIS!
Day ride? I have some time off coming up, Thought of a drive up to Mississippi to see Mom, and THIS would be a perfect place to stop over on Sat 10/5 or Sun 10/6.
Anybody?
Sponsored