Sponsored

Part Number Lookup

exilepa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Does anyone know if there is a way I can "reverse lookup" a part number for lack of a better way to describe to find out what vehicle a part number goes to? I have the part number just not sure what vehicle it will work with. I've tried a few google searches with no luck. Long story short I was deceived by a member on this forum buying something and of course now they don't want to give my money back and PayPal is offering no help. Trying to minimize my loss by hopefully selling it on a forum for the proper vehicle. Karma will get the other person.
Sponsored

SABLE RHINO

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S 3.6L
Does anyone know if there is a way I can "reverse lookup" a part number for lack of a better way to describe to find out what vehicle a part number goes to? I have the part number just not sure what vehicle it will work with. I've tried a few google searches with no luck. Long story short I was deceived by a member on this forum buying something and of course now they don't want to give my money back and PayPal is offering no help. Trying to minimize my loss by hopefully selling it on a forum for the proper vehicle. Karma will get the other person.
That sucks, post the part number and what it is. I am absolutely sure someone in our massive multi talented family will be able to bird dog it out.

OP
OP

exilepa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Part number I received is 68295730AH, which all part number lookups show is a multi-media unit without navigation. I should have received 68295725AH as the member claimed the NAV and SXM worked just fine in his vehicle and that he paid over $1200 for it. The buttons are there for NAV and SXM but they don't work -- SXM does nothing when you push the button and NAV just shows a blank map.

The radio does work for Android Auto, Apple Car Play, AM/FM w/HD radio, everything works fine with the exception of NAV and SXM. I plan on posting the part for sale in these forums with the straight up disclaimer to everyone that those 2 item may or may not work for you as they did not for me.

The member is ClarkJT. Looking back, this is partially my fault as the pictures he sent me only show navigation working through Car Play and just the SXM button, not any pictures of the SXM tuned to a station or the built-in navigation. I did not ask for the part number and wasn't sent a picture of the part number. Of course, when I pointed all of these facts out, he claims 100% it all worked in his vehicle (with no pictures to back this up) and will not take the radio back and refund my money. You'll also notice that any posts he made on this forum are now gone as well.

I'm pretty much past the anger at this point and know that karma will catch him in the end, just trying to recoup some of my losses and see what vehicle part number 68295730AH is meant for and try to sell to someone with that vehicle or just post for sale on the forums here with disclaimers up front to everyone.

orbpurple

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
IT Administrator
Part number I received is 68295730AH, which all part number lookups show is a multi-media unit without navigation. I should have received 68295725AH as the member claimed the NAV and SXM worked just fine in his vehicle and that he paid over $1200 for it. The buttons are there for NAV and SXM but they don't work -- SXM does nothing when you push the button and NAV just shows a blank map.

The radio does work for Android Auto, Apple Car Play, AM/FM w/HD radio, everything works fine with the exception of NAV and SXM. I plan on posting the part for sale in these forums with the straight up disclaimer to everyone that those 2 item may or may not work for you as they did not for me.

The member is ClarkJT. Looking back, this is partially my fault as the pictures he sent me only show navigation working through Car Play and just the SXM button, not any pictures of the SXM tuned to a station or the built-in navigation. I did not ask for the part number and wasn't sent a picture of the part number. Of course, when I pointed all of these facts out, he claims 100% it all worked in his vehicle (with no pictures to back this up) and will not take the radio back and refund my money. You'll also notice that any posts he made on this forum are now gone as well.

I'm pretty much past the anger at this point and know that karma will catch him in the end, just trying to recoup some of my losses and see what vehicle part number 68295730AH is meant for and try to sell to someone with that vehicle or just post for sale on the forums here with disclaimers up front to everyone.
Did you pay for this on paypal via a credit card or just through your bank? If you used your credit card then you can dispute the charges directly with them and bypass Paypal and the forum member! Not sure if thought about going that route. However, if you do, you cant sell the part as your credit card company may want you to ship it back to them.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
According to to factory Chrysler parts online that should fit, although it is no longer available, hard to say why though.
upload_2019-10-1_8-51-34.png

Gregj

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
I’d be checking with FCA or the dealer if there are other modules needed to make this fully functional. It isn’t unheard of to have extra pieces of the puzzle when it comes to car audio.
Sponsored