Sponsored

Passenger Foot Space Enough For Long Trips?

Keanz

First Name
simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru outback
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and looking for opinions for the Gladiator for long trips. Right now with the Covid-19 pandemic I'm not really able to get to a dealership to see for myself but I'm wondering about the foot space for the front passenger. From all the pictures and videos I'm seeing it seems that the front Passenger foot space is very narrow, has this been an issue for anyone during long trips? My wife likes to stretch out/sleep and I could see her getting uncomfortable for drives lasting more than a few hours. I'm not talking about the legroom front to back but more so the width. We are planning to use the truck for long highway drives (anywhere from 5-12hrs), in addition to camping and moderate off-roading.

Am curious to hear others experience with this specific issue not really worried about the driver side as I will be driving most of the time. Of course I will go to see for myself before I buy, just curious as to other's experiences with this.
Sponsored

Cleankat

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Front space is fine with the seat all the way back, I've never had an issue, but I wouldn't want to be sitting behind that person.

Love my Gladiator but I wouldn't take it on a road trip over a couple hours, but that's just me.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Drove mine from Atlanta to San Antonio and back over 6 days with the wife. She is 5’11” and had plenty of room. I didn’t want to give up driving as I was having such a good time, but she did drive once and I sat on the passenger side. I’m 6’4” and it wasn’t expansive, but comfortable.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
I have to drive anywhere from 11-13 hours road trips. The interior foot space can be a little small but it’s way way way better that the JK platform.
Just got to stop every few hours and get out and walk.
But yes you will need to go sit in one for awhile. That’s what I did when I bought my first Jeep. Just sit and chill.

OP
OP

Keanz

First Name
simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru outback
Awesome thanks for the responses, I'm just sitting here in self isolation so the real world feedback keeps me daydreaming and passes the time lol. I'll probably end up renting a JL for a couple of days to get a real sense of the interior space. It's really the only question mark I have left.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Took a 10hr round trip last week and leg room on the passenger side seemed fine to me. My wife drove the whole trip while I rode shotgun and we didn't stop one time and get out the whole way down. Didn't feel cramped or uncomfortable. My son rode in the back all the way home and he said it was way more comfortable back there when compared to the JKU I had. I agree about the front as well, way better ride quality an comfort.

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
I've driven 6 hours with my 6'4" buddy riding shotgun, no complaints.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Awesome thanks for the responses, I'm just sitting here in self isolation so the real world feedback keeps me daydreaming and passes the time lol. I'll probably end up renting a JL for a couple of days to get a real sense of the interior space. It's really the only question mark I have left.
Avis has JTs for rent at some of the major airport agencies. You might check for a JT instead.

Reactions: BAT

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
My wife and I took mine on a 2600 mile round trip over 4 days and the leg/foot room was more than acceptable for the trip.

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
It's about the same as a f150 I feel like there may be 2" less backseat knee room but it's similar. It is more than the Ford ranger rental we had.

The Gladiator is very comfortable compared to the older jk/jku models.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Keanz

First Name
simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru outback
Reassuring that everyone has had positive experiences on their road trips. Thank you all for the replies and I will report back with my own once I get a chance to drive one for myself.

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Jeeps aren't very wide. Take the doors off and it will feel very narrow. But I have never thought the cabin was cramped or jamming anyone in. Of course the only way to know will be to test drive but I think you'll be fine.

Chromehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I must be the oddball out. My wife is fairly short and hates the small amount of space in the Gladiator foot well area.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
I must be the oddball out. My wife is fairly short and hates the small amount of space in the Gladiator foot well area.
Well, let her crawl up into the seat so she can see out the window!

JeepTX

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LE Gladiator
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and looking for opinions for the Gladiator for long trips. Right now with the Covid-19 pandemic I'm not really able to get to a dealership to see for myself but I'm wondering about the foot space for the front passenger. From all the pictures and videos I'm seeing it seems that the front Passenger foot space is very narrow, has this been an issue for anyone during long trips? My wife likes to stretch out/sleep and I could see her getting uncomfortable for drives lasting more than a few hours. I'm not talking about the legroom front to back but more so the width. We are planning to use the truck for long highway drives (anywhere from 5-12hrs), in addition to camping and moderate off-roading.

Am curious to hear others experience with this specific issue not really worried about the driver side as I will be driving most of the time. Of course I will go to see for myself before I buy, just curious as to other's experiences with this.
Just a heads up - leg room no problem. On long trips on the driver side - when I have cruise control on and rest my right foot - without fail my heel lands on the snap for the floor mat - drives me crazy. Probably just me and where I put my right foot. The floor mat is snapped in but it's like having a marble under my heel.
Sponsored