Sponsored

Passenger side loom grommet nipple works perfectly

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Ok so I have not seen anyone do this on here or the Wrangler side but I have seen people make the comment that the Gladiator isn't like the JL/JLU. It is and this option totally works. I know the driver side hole is more the favorite but for those with the 6MT or someone like me that is adding fuses under the dash passenger side and doesn't want to blow current on an extra 8ft of power cable to go driver then back, this is a great option that took me about 45 minutes (full disclosure, former tech for nearly a decade so likely faster than you) with power tools.

Jeep Gladiator Passenger side loom grommet nipple works perfectly Nipple

This is some Ancor marine-grade 6AWG and 4x 20AWG GXL wire and it slipped right through. The large wire is thick because it has a fat jacket (8.7mm total diameter for the wire) and I'm fairly certain this would be an option for 2AWG with a thinner jacket assuming you pull the tray and are doing a straight pull. This went through nearly effortlessly and the nipple has a ton of stretch to it.

I pulled the battery tray to get a really good shot at this but I think you should be able to pull the fender liner, disconnect the lower tray for the aux battery (you will need to support this somehow) to get a little more hand clearance, and so long as you can snip the tip off the nipple, you should be able to feed a wire through into the interior, tape up your leads, lube it up with some dielectric, and yank it through.

This feels like it would be a perfect option for someone doing the Mopar aux switches or a ham/CB install and no doubt it would be an easier feed with less risk of damage than going through the main loom grommet.
Sponsored