Sponsored

Patagonia 40s Weight?

rballman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 White Rubi
Anyone know how much their 40x13.50 r17 tires weigh? I read online it's only 83 lbs but that doesn't sound correct. Thanks!
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
That's probably pretty accurate. The 37's only weigh 72lbs and I know the weight on those is current because I know guys personally that are running them. I'd bet the 40's are definitely under 90lbs and probably around the weight you said.

21JTXJ

First Name
angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator
Occupation
service manager
That's probably pretty accurate. The 37's only weigh 72lbs and I know the weight on those is current because I know guys personally that are running them. I'd bet the 40's are definitely under 90lbs and probably around the weight you said.
how do your buddies like them in 37s? im on 35 grapplers and i want to go to 37s but a light one

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I’m running them in a 38 right now. I have close to 3k on them with no off road use as of yet. I can tell you that they are surprisingly quite on the road. I hope that does not change much with more miles on them.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
how do your buddies like them in 37s? im on 35 grapplers and i want to go to 37s but a light one
They love them. I am between those and MasterCraft Courser MXTs when I need new 37's. Both of those are around the same weight. I'm not sure if they make a 40 in the MasterCraft tires but I have heard nothing but good things about not Patagonia and MasterCraft tires.

Sponsored

21JTXJ

First Name
angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator
Occupation
service manager
They love them. I am between those and MasterCraft Courser MXTs when I need new 37's. Both of those are around the same weight. I'm not sure if they make a 40 in the MasterCraft tires but I have heard nothing but good things about not Patagonia and MasterCraft tires.
JUST WORRIED ABOUT GETTING RID OF MY NITTOS. BUT 37S WOULD LOOK MUCH BETTER ON MY JEEP AND THEY ARE LIGHTER THAN MY 35S

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
weight wise the Yokohama 40 is very close and IMO a much better tire

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
JUST WORRIED ABOUT GETTING RID OF MY NITTOS. BUT 37S WOULD LOOK MUCH BETTER ON MY JEEP AND THEY ARE LIGHTER THAN MY 35S
Yeah, the Goodyear 37's I'm running are only 72lbs a piece, if they weren't so light I wouldn't be running them. It's a smart move to find a lighter tire, less wear and tear and weight. It's going to affect the MPGs either way but not nearly as bad as say a 80 or 90lb tire will.
Sponsored