Sponsored

Patagonia MTs or Cooper STT Pros for $180 more?

KDR83

First Name
Krystian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Was set on getting 37 Patagonias but I see Walmart and Amazon has lowered the price on 37 inch Cooper STT Pros to $269, so all in 5 tires they would run me $180 more than the Patagonias, any suggestions on which tire to go with? This is a daily driver here in FL. I see the Coopers weigh about 10lbs more per tire.
Sponsored

TLife

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - Hydro Blue
Occupation
EE
Was set on getting 37 Patagonias but I see Walmart and Amazon has lowered the price on 37 inch Cooper STT Pros to $269, so all in 5 tires they would run me $180 more than the Patagonias, any suggestions on which tire to go with? This is a daily driver here in FL. I see the Coopers weigh about 10lbs more per tire.
Hard to recommend tires without know what the use is. If you're doing any offroading at all I'd go with the Coopers.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
I have Coopers on my MB Sprinter 4x4 and it`s a great tire, on my Gladiator i went for the Patagonia MT in 37" the main reason being weight the Coopers do weigh a lot, i have not mounted them yet on the Gladiator. Reading reviews both tires rate about the same.

Cleankat

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I don't have experience with Patagonia, but Cooper makes good tires. I've never been a fan of off brand tires.

1cdub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2020 JTR
Coopers STT Pros for the win. U.S. manufacturer with a long history of quality products. Just ordered a set of 40s for the Gladiator yesterday from Discount tire. We have a set of 37’s STT Pros on our JLUR and love them. They do everything very well from daily driving to Moab slick rock and everything in between.

Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
I would go with the Coopers. I've had a few friends complain about mileage on the Patagonias.

Ive run both tires on JL's for a short period of time and while they both had great street manners the Coopers seemed to grip better offroad.

OP
OP
KDR83

KDR83

First Name
Krystian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The truck is a daily driver, very very limited off road here in Florida, definitely no rocks. Maybe some hills and mud? The difference is closer to $300, I can get the Coopers for $269 a tire once DTD matches Walmart and Amazon and I can get the patagonia for $226 a tire plus the 15% Rebates from DT but will have to pay sales tax as discount tire direct doesn't have them but discount tire does (also have to drive 50 miles each way to the closest discount tire)

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
I had the STT Pros on my 14 JK Willys Wheeler. Very nice looking tire and was great in snow but sucked on ice. You probably don't have that problem in Tampa haha. I'd go with the best deal you can get.

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Coopers STT Pros for the win. U.S. manufacturer with a long history of quality products. Just ordered a set of 40s for the Gladiator yesterday from Discount tire. We have a set of 37’s STT Pros on our JLUR and love them. They do everything very well from daily driving to Moab slick rock and everything in between.
I have tried just about every tire over the past two and a half decades, and the Cooper STTs are the best for me for almost everything. Bombproof. Last for over 70K miles. 3-ply sidewall that almost can't be punctured. Grip. Etc. …

DXdLO6g.jpg

XDPZRon.jpg

My 17x35s have 21/32" tread depth. Same size BFGs have 15/32" tread depth. That's 40% more tread to start with.

OP
OP
KDR83

KDR83

First Name
Krystian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So if 99% of the time is daily driving would you guys still recommend the Coopers over the Patagonias? Since prices keep fluctuating the final price difference will be $250 bucks to jump from the Patagonias to the Coopers. I'm more concerned with noise and on road feel than off road capability. Not sure if I ever said it but the size I'm looking at is 37x12.5r17

Sponsored

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not the definitive answer, but I personally would go with the Coopers. I just trust them so much. That's an individualized issue.

They are not noisy to me, and they handle great on the road.

Yesterday, driving home with the boys from a hunting/camping trip, I was going about 78 mph as some kind of car passed me, probably going about 85 mph and was in front of me in the right lane abouto 40 feet ahead when his font left tire violently blew out. He almost went completely out of control, and I had to slam on the brakes to avoid him--was happy I wasn't rear-ended. It's just anecdotal, and I know other tires are great, but I really like not feeling like I have to worry about that happening with the robust Cooper STTs on my vehicle.

4bW2aZc.jpg

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
For daily driving I would NOT go with Cooper. They're harder to balance and they're louder. Most STT pros I've seen get loud as hell after a couple of rotations. My Coopers always took lots of weight to balance also. I stopped using them.

By contrast, the Milestar is quiet, smooth, and wears great.

DoneDeal

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I have 38x15.50 Patagonia Milestars and love them. Aggressive look without the horrible road noise. I have a set of coopers on my work truck and have had a great experience with them as well. Go for what looks better to You. I would rate them bout the same.

A6794F58-F49D-475B-B32E-9B90130AC6F9.jpeg

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have 38x15.50 Patagonia Milestars and love them. Aggressive look without the horrible road noise. I have a set of coopers on my work truck and have had a great experience with them as well. Go for what looks better to You. I would rate them bout the same.

A6794F58-F49D-475B-B32E-9B90130AC6F9.jpeg
Cool. What lift do you have?