Sponsored

PCM Updates For Someone Who Never Goes to Dealer

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
I do my own preventative maintenance. Never go to the dealer unless warranty related. Just wondering if there's a way to check for any uodates or PCM flashes I might need or want. It's a July 2020 build. Is it worth it to call and ask my dealer if I need any updates or will they notify me?
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep will notify owners by mail if it is done as a recall. Otherwise, the only way to find out and get any updates is with a dealer visit. Some dealers won't check for computer updates unless you are reporting a problem so they can file a warranty claim. If you find out about a TSB that applies (steering box, ABS flash for towing), then contact the dealer to get it done under warranty. Some Uconnect updates are automatically downloaded for the 8.4 system. Dealers don't normally track updates and notify owners.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
What @Mr._Bill said. Some dealers are better than others about this stuff. I have been lucky that my dealer when I have brought in for just Jeep Wave oil changes, check for any open TSB, recalls and updates and applies them when possible. It is a easy warranty billing for them.
Sponsored