Pedal commander tazer or both

Monstertruck0519

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Is the tazer able to do the same as the commander or should I look into getting the commander to fix the throtlle response of the jt
Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I just bought the Tazer mini and installed it in my JT Rubicon. I really like it. It has many features that I want - especially off-road (lockers and sway bar disconnect anytime). It has NO features for throttle response or engine tuning, so, if that is what you want, it is the wrong product.

A few features that are really cool on the Tazer --- you can set it turn on the rear camera when you turn on your turn signals. Very useful. The hood alarm also works very well and is a huge plus --- horn and lots of lights flashing.

Also, for a manual transmission, the line lock, and "rock crawl" brake lock are really cool features for off-road.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Monstertruck0519

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Thanks for the reply I guess as long as I can piggyback the two I'll be good

Incommando

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sport max tow Sting-gray, ‘95 YJ
Piggy-backing the two should be no issue. The taser goes through the ECM while the Pedal Commander only uses the throttle controller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I read a lot of negative comments about the Pedal Commander, so I went with an iDrive... I also ordered a Tazer JL Mini...Both should be in this week. I'll report back.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought the Tazer mini and installed it in my JT Rubicon. I really like it. It has many features that I want - especially off-road (lockers and sway bar disconnect anytime). It has NO features for throttle response or engine tuning, so, if that is what you want, it is the wrong product.

A few features that are really cool on the Tazer --- you can set it turn on the rear camera when you turn on your turn signals. Very useful. The hood alarm also works very well and is a huge plus --- horn and lots of lights flashing.

Also, for a manual transmission, the line lock, and "rock crawl" brake lock are really cool features for off-road.
Does the Tazer allow you to put it in drive, and move forward, with the door open? Mine in stock form locks the brakes and slams it back into neutral or park when you try to drive with the door open. This is the dumbest safety feature EVER!!! Does the Tazer allow you to turn that shit off?

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Does the Tazer allow you to put it in drive, and move forward, with the door open? Mine in stock form locks the brakes and slams it back into neutral or park when you try to drive with the door open. This is the dumbest safety feature EVER!!! Does the Tazer allow you to turn that shit off?
I will check for you today (note: I have a manual transmission)... Something super fun I tried yesterday. Let's say you pull up off road at a level spot and want to lower your tailgate or change your stance, lol.... Switch to 2WD, turn on the rear lockers, hit the "line lock", pop the clutch in 1st or hit the auto, and you will proceed to dig a hole as deep as you want with your rear tires. Note: you may need 4WD and your front lockers to get out.... lol...

block

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jk

yes you can turn that off with the tazer...
i have a pedal commander ( which i love ) and tazer also great .. both work awesome together... no issues.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
yes you can turn that off with the tazer...
i have a pedal commander ( which i love ) and tazer also great .. both work awesome together... no issues.
What setting is that called? That way I make sure it's turned off.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I just checked. There is no Tazer setting that I can find that applies to this feature, however, I just started my JT Rubicon, put the clutch in, put it in first, opened the door, and gave it gas and let off the clutch. It took off and went down the driveway. So, either the manual transmission does not have this feature or the Tazer defeats it. I never tried this feature with the Tazer disconnected. Note: there are features that the Tazer enables without a "specific" setting required. Just to be sure, I would ask someone with an automatic tranny to try it.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone with an auto trans Tazer tried this?

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
following. I'd buy the tazer for this feature alone. Autopark is so damn annoying

UseThe4orce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Oh!! Was wondering what the deal was when I was trying to drive with the door open in my driveway last night. I assume that turns off when you unhook the connectors when taking the doors off.

with the tazer and programming it for the larger wheels/tires; does this only fix the digital speedo or it changes the needle gauge as well??

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
Oh!! Was wondering what the deal was when I was trying to drive with the door open in my driveway last night. I assume that turns off when you unhook the connectors when taking the doors off.

with the tazer and programming it for the larger wheels/tires; does this only fix the digital speedo or it changes the needle gauge as well??
so technically it does, but if your like me and hop a bit out of your seat to look behind you when backing out, the lack of pressure on the driver seat kicks in auto park also. Happened to me at Lowe’s today

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Piggy-backing the two should be no issue. The taser goes through the ECM while the Pedal Commander only uses the throttle controller
How do these compare to Superchips Pulsar in functionality?
Sponsored