First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
I have a PC for over a year. Had it disconnected for a while. when I reconnected the unit, dash lit up like a christmas tree with no throttle responce. had to disconnect battery negative to get codes to clear. Jscan would not work either til battery was disco.. I have reached out to PC waiting to hear back from support,
Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
If you believe the Banks marketing for their Pedal Monster, this is a common occurrence for any throttle controller that grabs its power only from the throttle circuit. I've seen videos of what Banks is referring to, but have no first hand experience.

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I have a PC for over a year. Had it disconnected for a while. when I reconnected the unit, dash lit up like a christmas tree with no throttle responce. had to disconnect battery negative to get codes to clear. Jscan would not work either til battery was disco.. I have reached out to PC waiting to hear back from support,
Check the backside of the plugs on the Pedal Cammander harness to make sure that none of the pins are being pushed out the back of the connectors while plugging them together on installation.

The first one I had did this, but without causing any MIL lights to trigger.
For some reason one of the pins was binding & being forced out causing no connection for one of the wires. That pin could not be pushed back into the connector & lock into place again as it should.

Contacted Pedal Commander through their web site & since it was still under warranty at the time, they replaced the unit.

Hope this is a help.

Dave

drewcnit

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S, Bright White
Occupation
IT Geek and Data Nerd
Never had a bad experience with my Pedal Commander. Had one on my Challenger and now on my Jeep. I will say that once I connect it, it generally never gets disconnected. I'm also not sure how a simple disconnect and reconnect could affect anything but it's not outside the realm of possiblity.

Did you let the computer in the car completely shut off before reconnecting?
Door open, wait until all dash lights go out, then set a timer for 10 min. During that 10 min, make sure your key fobs are at least 30 feet away, so they can't communicate with the truck. THEN reconnect. If the computer can detect you reconnecting it, may be the reason the bells and lights on the dash.

Check the backside of the plugs on the Pedal Cammander harness to make sure that none of the pins are being pushed out the back of the connectors while plugging them together on installation.

For some reason one of the pins was binding & being forced out causing no connection for one of the wires. That pin could not be pushed back into the connector & lock into place again as it should.

Contacted Pedal Commander through their web site & since it was still under warranty at the time, they replaced the unit.

Hope this is a help.

Dave
It could definitely be this as well, was going to be my next suggestion, was to check the connections for making sure they are getting full contact and secured well before the vehicle is restarted.

Chief_jeep

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Ecodiesel
Occupation
Real Estate Agent

I had a derringer and pedal monster from banks. Installed it almost immediately from the factory. It maybe made it 2k miles of driving before I pulled it out. It was throwing codes and I had no power. It's been out for a couple thousand miles and I've had no issues sense. I miss the power but reliability is much more important.

Sponsored

IPRoutes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave 2023 Bright White
Occupation
Sr. Network Architect
I wonder if EVC iDrive Throttle Control is giving the same problem?

OP
OP
kooltoys

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
AV Design/Programming

Hope this is a help.

Dave
I will check this. When it happen I wasnt home. With my work commute lately Im not playing around and get stuck hrs from home!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

Chief_jeep

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Ecodiesel
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
To be picky -
It can't change power - only the perception of power.
I could be wrong but I believe the derringer increased the torque and hp quite a bit. The pedal monster is just a perception of power.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I could be wrong but I believe the derringer increased the torque and hp quite a bit. The pedal monster is just a perception of power.
By monitoring the diesel systems and tweaking boost and fuel - could see that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kooltoys

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
So I checked the pins and wiring, all seem normal! again it thru all kinds of codes. Im thinking its toast!

drewcnit

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S, Bright White
Occupation
IT Geek and Data Nerd
So I checked the pins and wiring, all seem normal! again it thru all kinds of codes. Im thinking its toast!
Yeah wait to hear back from PC Support, I've heard good stories in the past of them being able to update software or warrantying them.
Sponsored