Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
  • Banned
Yesterday I was on the exit and a woman (I found out later) tried to cut in front of the person behind me. Then with no where to go she decided to try and push me to the shoulder so she could get off of the interstate. She nearly ran into me, but when I stayed put (all of us on the off ramp were inching along at 1-2 mph) she falls back and cuts a car off several cars behind me and comes up the shoulder of the off ramp window down screaming and trying to hit me on the other side with her old ass Altima..

I pulled up and stopped on the shoulder now in front of her and asked what the problem was , again incoherent yelling, so I took a quick picture of her license plate. She walked around and I asked her where her car was hit (there wasnā€™t a scratch in my truck). She couldnā€™t find anything and said I hit her on her passenger side šŸ¤” Iā€™ll get to that later. Then she started flipping out again. In my head was My friendā€™s daughter who was shot (she barely survived, and is still recovering) a few months ago with some gang banger trying to rob her in a store parking lot. I did not trust this nut I was dealing with so I got in my truck, someone let me back in line, and went up the ramp and on my way to the bike trail.

About 15 min later I get pulled over by a sheriff. I could see another police car coming up fast Behind us. First officer said I was involved in an accident and I fled the scene, a ā€œhit and runā€. That crazy woman called the police and lied. The sheriff asked for license and my insurance then went back to his car.

So the two stayed behind my truck for 15 min. Then the other sheriff came up and said I could get out. They were looking at driverā€™s side where lady tried to push me over to shoulder.I asked him if I was coming off the interstate, and cutting in front of someone to get on the off ramp wouldnā€™t the damage be on my passenger side? They laughed and after noticing no damage to the driverā€™s side of my JT, and again not a scrape on the passenger side either they eased up one left and i chatted with other officer while we waited for local police since this wasn't his jurisdiction. local police Officer shows up talks to other officer looks over my Jeep goes back to his car then comes back with my info. both officers said they think this lady did a similar report a week or two ago (Also false). All the officers were very nice and the one that was first on scene apologized for being rough. he said usually a ā€œhit and runā€ for them means a police chase and bad things. He said when I pulled over immediately, parked facing a field and rolled all windows down he knew I wasnā€™t going to take off. He said I wasnā€™t acting like a hit and run driver and ... no damage to my Jeep.

So long story but in the end, the local officer, gave me a ā€œNo Damageā€ report and said he gave the crazy lady the same report, no damage on her car, So my insurance has to take on a fight with a crazy nut with no damage to her car and no damage to mine!
I showed him pic of the back of her car with license plate and both officers said they were going to check to see if this is same women with similar report ā€œhit and runā€ recently. If she did she might see some jail time... I hope!

Be careful out there and an old roommate of mine that was a metro police officer, told me this;

If you are pulled over by the police roll all windows down, turn your vehicle off, put keys on the dash and hands on top of steering wheel. This sets them at ease immediately.

Officers have a tough scary job especially with all going on in this country. I appreciate them and pray for their safety.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Yesterday I was on the exit and a woman (I found out later) tried to cut in front of the person behind me. Then with no where to go she decided to try and push me to the shoulder so she could get off of the interstate. She nearly ran into me, but when I stayed put (all of us on the off ramp were inching along at 1-2 mph) she falls back and cuts a car off several cars behind me and comes up the shoulder of the off ramp window down screaming and trying to hit me on the other side with her old ass Altima..

I pulled up and stopped on the shoulder now in front of her and asked what the problem was I took a quick picture of her license plate. She walked around and I asked her where her car was hit (there wasnā€™t a scratch in my truck). She couldnā€™t find anything and started flipping out again. My friendā€™s daughter was shot ( she barely survived) a few months ago with some gang banger trying to rob her in a store parking lot. I did not trust this nut I was dealing with so I got in my truck, someone let me back in line, and went up the ramp and on my way to the bike trail.

About 15 min later I get pulled over by a sheriff. I could see another police car coming up fast Behind us. First officer said I was involved in an accident and I fled the scene, a ā€œhit and runā€. That crazy woman called the police and lied. The sheriff asked for license and my insurance then went back to his car.

So the two stayed behind my truck for 15 min. Then the other sheriff came up and said I could get out. They were looking at driverā€™s side where lady tried to push me over to shoulder.I asked him if I was coming off the interstate, and cutting in front of someone to get on the off ramp wouldnā€™t the damage be on my passenger side? They laughed and after noticing no damage to the driverā€™s side of my JT, and again not a scrape on the passenger side either they eased up one left and i chatted with other officer while we waited for local police since it was his jurisdiction. local police Officer comes back hands my info to me and both officers said they think this lady did a similar report a week or two ago (Also false). All the officers were very nice and the one that was first on scene apologized for being rough. he said usually a ā€œhit and runā€ for them means a police chase and bad things. He said when I pulled over immediately, parked facing a field and rolled all windows down he knew I wasnā€™t going to take off. He said I wasnā€™t acting like a hit and run driver and ... no damage to my Jeep.

So long story, in the end, the local officer, his jurisdiction, and again very nice gave me a ā€œNo Damageā€ report and said he gave the crazy lady the same report, no damage in her car, So my insurance has to take on a fight with a crazy nut with no damage to her car and no damage to mine!
I showed him pic of the back of her car with license plate and both officers said they were going to check to see if this is same women with similar report ā€œhit and runā€ recently. If she did she might see some jail time... I hope!
Welcome to my world. I drive semi truck for work, and this is an example of "just an average day".

When asked what I do for a work, I simply say that I dodge crazy people for a living.

9 chances out of 10, she was f*%$ing around with her cell phone which was the reason she almost missed her exit.

Stay safe, & keep the shiny side up.

OP
OP
XJADDICTION

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
  • Banned
Welcome to my world. I drive semi truck for work, and this is an example of "just an average day".

When asked what I do for a work, I simply say that I dodge crazy people for a living.

9 chances out of 10, she was f*%$ing around with her cell phone which was the reason she almost missed her exit.

Stay safe, & keep the shiny side up.
You have a tough job as well, stay safe out there!

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Anymore, the first sign of any stupidity, I just back way off, even if I am ahead of it all. Seems like most clueless and witless people have this insatiable urge to be first even of it is 3 seconds ahead on an exit ramp or first in line at the ice cream stand. Guess what we all get the same ice cream and we all get to get off the interstate, geniuses.

Really is insane you had to go through that, some people have too much time and anger on their hands

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
The interstates are crazy....wait until you have your kids in the car and someone decides theyre mad enough they follow you off the ramp.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Thanks, some days are a real test of one's patience.
I have the utmost respect for what you guys deal with. Right up until one truck in the right lane is maxed out at 68mph and the truck behind him decides that life just cant go on unless he drives at 68 1/2 mph and blocks the left lane for 7 miles.

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
Today's world. Complete lack of respect and common courtesy for just about everything.

Sponsored

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Lmao at least no one got hurt. That woman was a NUT šŸ˜‚

Here in Houston a couple of years ago, I watched a guy smash his truck into the front fender flare of a random ladyā€™s car and drive off. Mind you there was no build up to this incident. It was completely random. There are some real psychos on the roads for sure.

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I have the utmost respect for what you guys deal with. Right up until one truck in the right lane is maxed out at 68mph and the truck behind him decides that life just cant go on unless he drives at 68 1/2 mph and blocks the left lane for 7 miles.
I agree with you on that note, and believe me, other trucks get just a aggravated about that as you do. :headbang:

That said, unfortunately there are just as many dingbats driving big trucks out there as cars, and none of them should be behind the wheel of any vehicle.

Gadgetech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I remember when I thought I was faster than everyone else (although donā€™t think I ever did anything that stupid). What a dumb shit I was. It didnā€™t take too long for me to realize that weā€™re all together again at the next traffic light and if not...whatā€™s a few extra minutes?

OP
OP
XJADDICTION

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
The interstates are crazy....wait until you have your kids in the car and someone decides theyre mad enough they follow you off the ramp.
I have some
Today's world. Complete lack of respect and common courtesy for just about everything.
Dave first off I love your Jeep build, love those wheels!

Yes weā€™ve had a nurse killed in a shooting on the interstate when she was headed to work, suspected road rage. A guy had his car shot up on interstate in Nashville and was hit in the leg, road rage again. Teenagers stopped on interstate in a shootout some were killed.

I stay in my lane, set cruise at 75 unless traffic is slower in that lane then most times just stay and go with the flow. I avoid eye contact and leave plenty of room. In this case we were bumper to bumper traffic on an off ramp just at the turn to go up to a hwy.

Iā€™ve had some weird stuff happen lately, I had someone follow me for ten miles this winter from my local mountain bike trail head. One evasive maneuver on a turn and he was in front of me with no choice. He flipped the hell out because I could get the plate. Made a u turn on a narrow country road, hit the opposite ditch came out and took off in a 180.

KurtP, I have some skills, looks like you do too with that pic in your profile. My first one is always to evade in the civilian environment. If I am trapped with my family in the car and situation is life or death... well then I have no choice. My oldest daughter even has her own concealed carry permit.

Be safe out there, avoid confrontations and bgnlvtx as you said, best to leave room and let them go. Sometimes though there isnā€™t an option.
Sponsored