Sponsored

JustAGuyCalledChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Figured I would start one of these to track my progress and so I can have all my information in one place.

I’ve been a Jeep guy for most of my life but got rid of my last one about 4 years ago and have missed having one terribly. I finally couldn’t go without any longer so I started shopping for my new toy. I didn’t want 2 vehicles and I have to have a truck for home owner duties so a Gladiator was the perfect choice. With the national Forrests that surround me here in NWA a mild built rig to take riding and camping is the goal (overlanding is kind of an overused term and much more serious than I plan to be) and my hard core rock crawling days are behind me. I knew I wanted to start with a capable rig that didn’t need everything so I naturally started looking at the rubicons. The basics are all there and they don’t need a lot to get to the point I want.

So Halloween of 23 I found my starting point…It was a blue Rubicon and had heated seats, that’s all of my must have items so it came home with me. Took it to the window shop for some tint and that was how I drove it for a little bit.

Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR IMG_7220

Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR IMG_7233

it had the halogen lights and I knew they would be bad but didn’t realize just how bad…and after tinting the full front window I had to do something so I popped in a set of Oracle led bulbs to get me by. That opened a whole can of worms…they were MUCH better than the stock halogen bulbs but weren’t great and they made the fog lights and turn signals/daytime running lamps look out of place. I wasn’t super happy but it worked for awhile. And that was how it all began.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JustAGuyCalledChris

JustAGuyCalledChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Next up was a Sunrider from Bestop. Easily one of the best mods I’ve done to any Jeep. These should come stock from the dealership like this!

I decided I didn’t want to lift it for now but it did need a better stance and some help for the trails so I ordered a 1” leveling kit, raceline rims, and put some 35” Mickey Thompson Baja boss AT tires on. I also ordered a winch preparing for the bumper. I was really looking for a set of bronze wheels but the wife vetoed that idea and I didn’t want plain black…so I settled on a gunmetal gray.

Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR IMG_7837
Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR IMG_7838
Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR IMG_7840
Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR IMG_7852
Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR IMG_7861
Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR IMG_7863

OP
OP
JustAGuyCalledChris

JustAGuyCalledChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I found a good deal on a soft rollup top local so that went on top of the bed…

Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR IMG_8389

Then the wife wanted to wave at everyone so these happened. Haha

Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR IMG_8313

For a bumper I wanted a stubby bumper but I had a hard time finding exactly what I wanted. I wanted something built in a shop, not mass produced. I wanted the winch recessed, I wanted a small bull bar, and I wanted it to use the stock fog lights. I stumbled across a company called full metal fabworks and found exactly what i was looking for!

Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR IMG_8295

Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR IMG_8294

I’ll finish updating later when i have more time.

OP
OP
JustAGuyCalledChris

JustAGuyCalledChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Next upgrades in no particular order…

Got the bumper powder coated and installed
added the warn 10k winch
Voswitch S300
cheap 10” lightbar
Diode dynamics S3 foglights
Diode dynamics elite max headlights
Factory led turn signal/drl
Nacho TM5 a pillar lights
Z automotive front cam
Tazer
Interior lighting
Swapped the bedcover for a hard trifold

Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR IMG_8413
Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR IMG_8385
Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR IMG_8386
Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR IMG_8337
Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR IMG_8335
Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR IMG_8423
Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR IMG_8425
Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR IMG_8428

Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR IMG_8436

Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR IMG_8464

Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR IMG_8476

IMG_8436.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
JustAGuyCalledChris

JustAGuyCalledChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
And I found a pretty good deal on a cheap fridge that BARELY fits under the tonneau. So I spent today running power to the bed. Made a plate and mounted a 12v plug, a dual usb outlet, a volt meter, and a toggle switch to turn the volt meter and usb plug on or off. The 12v stays hot all the time. I used 8awg wire so it shouldn’t have any problems.

oh, and pics of the cheap 10” on the bumper. Haha

that gets everything up to date I believe. Now it’s time to quit turning wrenches and go hit the trails so I can enjoy this thing!
Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR IMG_8490
Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR IMG_8493
Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR IMG_8494
Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR IMG_8497
Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR IMG_8499
Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR IMG_8500
Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR IMG_8501
Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR IMG_8496

ORACLE Terry

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Wrangler JL, Bronco, RAM TRX
Wow!!! Percy is looking great!! Amazing job building that rig!!! Keep going!

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
Next upgrades in no particular order…

Got the bumper powder coated and installed
added the warn 10k winch
Voswitch S300
cheap 10” lightbar
Diode dynamics S3 foglights
Diode dynamics elite max headlights
Factory led turn signal/drl
Nacho TM5 a pillar lights
Z automotive front cam
Tazer
Interior lighting
Swapped the bedcover for a hard trifold

What type of interior lighting did you use ? How did you do the installation ?

OP
OP
JustAGuyCalledChris

JustAGuyCalledChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
What type of interior lighting did you use ? How did you do the installation ?
Paragoptics footwell lighting. They replace the factory led chips so when you open the doors they light up white and when the jeep cranks it changes to blue. You pick the color you want when ordering. I highly recommend this product.

the ac vents were from am offroad. Pricey but I got them about half off back around Christmas so not too bad. They look better in person than in the picture and weren’t bad to install, just had to take the dash apart so it was a little time consuming. It has a small wired remote that I have hidden in the dash to choose what color you want. I was apprehensive about this because of the price and the need to remove most of the dash to install but it ended up being easier than expected and I got a great deal on them….again, I’d highly reccomend these.

The fiber optic strips are from oracle. I’m not 100% sold on these. They have hot spots towards the ends that show up a lot during the day, they definitely look better at night. My wife has a bmw and loves the interior lights is why I got these…to resemble her lighting. If momma ain’t happy, ain’t no one happy, right? They just stick into the cracks between the panel so they are easy to pull out or fall out if they panels are loose. I don’t know how long these will last just from what I’ve seen so far but they are definitely cool to have at night time. For the price this is worth trying out and easy to install but I’m not sure if I’m gonna end up having to remove them or not. Time will tell if they last. If I had it to do over again I’d shop around and see if another company sold a better setup. I do love the overall look so I’m hoping I’m surprised and they hold up.

For power I bought one of the oracle cigarette lighter power taps that goes in inline behind the power outlet. Works perfect and powers the lights without being seen and turns everything on automatically when the jeep is cranked. A great and easy way to get hidden power behind the dash.

Let me know if you have any questions and I’ll try and explain more.

Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR IMG_8324
Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR 878CFE7A-C326-470A-A4E2-1D559A0BAF93
Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR 107770D8-F450-4E94-A5B6-794791305CCE
Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR 7286E8DD-DED9-41DC-85F9-A2E08756660E
Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR IMG_8330
Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR IMG_8333
Jeep Gladiator Percy, the 23 JTR IMG_8337

IMG_8325.jpeg

Sponsored

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Paragoptics footwell lighting. They replace the factory led chips so when you open the doors they light up white and when the jeep cranks it changes to blue. You pick the color you want when ordering. I highly recommend this product.

the ac vents were from am offroad. Pricey but I got them about half off back around Christmas so not too bad. They look better in person than in the picture and weren’t bad to install, just had to take the dash apart so it was a little time consuming. It has a small wired remote that I have hidden in the dash to choose what color you want. I was apprehensive about this because of the price and the need to remove most of the dash to install but it ended up being easier than expected and I got a great deal on them….again, I’d highly reccomend these.

The fiber optic strips are from oracle. I’m not 100% sold on these. They have hot spots towards the ends that show up a lot during the day, they definitely look better at night. My wife has a bmw and loves the interior lights is why I got these…to resemble her lighting. If momma ain’t happy, ain’t no one happy, right? They just stick into the cracks between the panel so they are easy to pull out or fall out if they panels are loose. I don’t know how long these will last just from what I’ve seen so far but they are definitely cool to have at night time. For the price this is worth trying out and easy to install but I’m not sure if I’m gonna end up having to remove them or not. Time will tell if they last. If I had it to do over again I’d shop around and see if another company sold a better setup. I do love the overall look so I’m hoping I’m surprised and they hold up.

For power I bought one of the oracle cigarette lighter power taps that goes in inline behind the power outlet. Works perfect and powers the lights without being seen and turns everything on automatically when the jeep is cranked. A great and easy way to get hidden power behind the dash.

Let me know if you have any questions and I’ll try and explain more.

IMG_8324.jpeg
878CFE7A-C326-470A-A4E2-1D559A0BAF93.jpeg
107770D8-F450-4E94-A5B6-794791305CCE.jpeg
7286E8DD-DED9-41DC-85F9-A2E08756660E.jpeg
IMG_8330.jpeg
IMG_8333.jpeg
IMG_8337.jpeg

IMG_8325.jpeg
I appreciate your detailed response. Something about popping the dash apart... makes my butt pucker a little. But the lights look nice and makes the effort worth it.

On a side note, where did you pick up the ball grab handle mount ? I asked bulletpoint solutions, they said they had one coming, I'm not sure if it hit the market or not, but I couldn't find it anywhere else.

OP
OP
JustAGuyCalledChris

JustAGuyCalledChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I appreciate your detailed response. Something about popping the dash apart... makes my butt pucker a little. But the lights look nice and makes the effort worth it.

On a side note, where did you pick up the ball grab handle mount ? I asked bulletpoint solutions, they said they had one coming, I'm not sure if it hit the market or not, but I couldn't find it anywhere else.
CMM Offroad mirror kit. Comes in multiple colors and you can get it with or without the balls. Hands down the best doors off mirror kit I’ve ever used. Again, I highly reccomend these!

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
CMM Offroad mirror kit. Comes in multiple colors and you can get it with or without the balls. Hands down the best doors off mirror kit I’ve ever used. Again, I highly reccomend these!
I need the ball mount on the grab handle so I can mount my Scangauge to it. I have it suction mounted to the windshield in the corner over the speaker, but wanted to see it the grab handle would work.