First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
For those that have gone through that archaic process... the state states it can be up to 8 weeks. Is this usual, or just COVID timeframe?

I call it an archaic process because we have to fill out a paper form (that's already digitized), submit a *check*, and *mail* it to the DOL.

Look around, DOL - gas isn't $.90/gal, cable TV isn't new. Time to move with the times.

Just a little gripe.
Sponsored

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Escape, Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Firecracker Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
For those that have gone through that archaic process... the state states it can be up to 8 weeks. Is this usual, or just COVID timeframe?

I call it an archaic process because we have to fill out a paper form (that's already digitized), submit a *check*, and *mail* it to the DOL.

Look around, DOL - gas isn't $.90/gal, cable TV isn't new. Time to move with the times.

Just a little gripe.
Took about 3 weeks until I got the registration papers, about another week or so to get the plates.

And I agree - archaic process - should be all online for this. Especially since you cannot do it at your local licensing office.

OP
OP
MPMB

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
I got my papers today. Disappointment ensued.

Before I applied, I made sure my plate was available. It was. As was an alternate spelling. Before the 4th weekend I checked again to see if the plate was available. I checked because the check finally cleared. The plate wasn't available.

2+2=4, right? It must be approved for me. :D

We got the new registration today.

First choice rejected. Second choice is the one approved... but it's not how I spelled it (that I recall), since it's only 6 letters instead of 7.

I checked the alternate spelling of the desired plate and that's not available.

I can only surmise that the state is prohibiting plates from having identifiable sexes on them.

First option was CLVRGRL; "Clever Girl." From Jurassic Park. My alternate spelling was KLVRGRL. That's no longer available.

Wife and I really wanted that one. I was happy with any of our 3 choices, but she was all in on CLVRGRL.

Nope. I can only think that it's a startling coincidence that no one's taken that plate in the 5 years I've been checking (we originally wanted it on a Raptor), and in less than a month both spellings are taken? I think it has more to do with "girl" on the plate in our "woke" society.

3rd option, for the record, was FNDSAWY.

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I got my papers today. Disappointment ensued.

Before I applied, I made sure my plate was available. It was. As was an alternate spelling. Before the 4th weekend I checked again to see if the plate was available. I checked because the check finally cleared. The plate wasn't available.

2+2=4, right? It must be approved for me. :D

We got the new registration today.

First choice rejected. Second choice is the one approved... but it's not how I spelled it (that I recall), since it's only 6 letters instead of 7.

I checked the alternate spelling of the desired plate and that's not available.

I can only surmise that the state is prohibiting plates from having identifiable sexes on them.

First option was CLVRGRL; "Clever Girl." From Jurassic Park. My alternate spelling was KLVRGRL. That's no longer available.

Wife and I really wanted that one. I was happy with any of our 3 choices, but she was all in on CLVRGRL.

Nope. I can only think that it's a startling coincidence that no one's taken that plate in the 5 years I've been checking (we originally wanted it on a Raptor), and in less than a month both spellings are taken? I think it has more to do with "girl" on the plate in our "woke" society.

3rd option, for the record, was FNDSAWY.
That's a bummer. Amazing what offends people these days. I've been given the evil look for being polite and kind to women - like opening the door for them while their arms are full, like they want to fumble and struggle to open the door themselves. And if a plate can be interpreted as offensive even though you have a different interpretation it is rejected.

Fortunately they were ok with REDDWRF.

OP
OP
MPMB

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Update: The temp tags expired 9/5. Still no plates. Probably show up today.

Sponsored

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Update: The temp tags expired 9/5. Still no plates. Probably show up today.
Odd. I think I had the temp for less than a month before the plates showed up - I never did put them on the vehicle, kept the old plates on there until the new ones arrived.

OP
OP
MPMB

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Odd. I think I had the temp for less than a month before the plates showed up - I never did put them on the vehicle, kept the old plates on there until the new ones arrived.
Yeah, I left the old plates on as well. Apparently there's this global pandemic going on that is delaying lots of things.

OP
OP
MPMB

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Update:

Called the DOL. Don't have plates, and won't for "a few more weeks."

My temp tags are expired (originals still on) so that's going to be a fun conversation with LEO if I ever get pulled over. Which I almost did yesterday when I found the traction limits on wet pavement on a curved onramp... right in front of a WSP Explorer. :LOL:

Wife was not exactly happy.

RCKLNDR

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep

Just a little gripe.
It sounds just like PA. Same process and the delay was much worse due to COVID (inmates needed social distancing so productivity took a hit).

I got mine about 6 months later which I then couldn’t use because I had just traded in my station wagon (wrangler) for a truck (gladiator).

Jeep Gladiator Personalized plate timeframe in WA? 88571E24-7999-45F2-8948-288FD68ED7B8

OP
OP
MPMB

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
12/6 and still no plates.

What a s**tshow of a state.

Sponsored

ssrgeoff

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLURD '21 JTR,
12/6 and still no plates.

What a s**tshow of a state.
I moved up from CA in September, took a few weeks to get the title info from the lender and was given a paper temp plate to put in the window. I just called again today and even for a standard plate (Non personalized) she says that I may not have plates until March.

OP
OP
MPMB

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Still waiting. But I did get the notice that my tabs are due in April for the plate that hasn't arrived yet.

:headbang:

Steak.Sauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Seriously? That's insane. My tags are due in March and so I figured I would be over on the time limit... but jesus that's an insane wait. I wanted to get something to match my Jurassic build, but if its gonna take that long... I guess I'll just hope they shop up for NEXT year's registration.

OP
OP
MPMB

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Seriously? That's insane. My tags are due in March and so I figured I would be over on the time limit... but jesus that's an insane wait. I wanted to get something to match my Jurassic build, but if its gonna take that long... I guess I'll just hope they shop up for NEXT year's registration.
Almost March and still don't have them.

OP
OP
MPMB

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
tl;dr: Still no plates. Got tabs, though, for the plate that hasn't arrived.

Called a few weeks ago and asked when the plates were going to be done/delivered. As many of you have experienced, when you call a gov't agency (or any help line), there's a message and a menu you have to endure before you get put in the right call queue. Then you wait for someone to answer, because of "unusually busy call times." Or, UNDERSTAFFED DEPARTMENTS.

First guy I connect with sounds like someone that embodies the negative stereotype of the DMV. Quiet voice, hard to hear, not very helpful. Luckily, I only had to withstand about 15 seconds of this experience as I was accidentally on purpose (?) transferred to "thank you for calling today, would you like to leave feedback in form of a survey?"

I thought it was a joke, an on hold message that I got halfway through the speech. But no, I was kicked out of the system.

I call back. Same program as before and I get connected.

I think this guy is driving in a Miata. It's noisy, windy, and he's wayyyy too cheerful. He was actually nice to talk to. Said the first personalized plates from last year went into production the first week of April.

WTF, I****e.

So apparently no plates have been printed for ~2 years because of COVID? Swell.
Sponsored