Peter's Mill Run 7/2/22

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
My wife and I just planned a weekend getaway with the family to do Peter's Mill Run and earn the badge over the weekend of the 4th. Planning on doing the trail, Saturday the 2nd if anyone wants to join!

Edit:
Gonna just post a tentative plan / attendee list here.

When? 7/2 9:00AM

Where: South end of the trail.

Who's going?
JTBurns
@NachoRuby
@John in the Woods
@Karmageddon
@Rburns1776
@Scott L
@Maccam26
@cshoem286
@GOCAMPN
@F1REICE

Plan to air down, anything else to get ready and hit the trail by 10 or earlier. We'll stop midway to grab a bite and stretch our legs. Then possibly double back and run the trail again. Don't forget to get a pass:

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/gwj/recarea/?recid=73965

For those who've been there before, how long does it take to run the trail? I think I read on the BOH app, it's about 2-3 hours? I don't mind taking my time either way.

Suggested extracurriculars:
Luray Caverns
Harper's Ferry
Potential craft show and fireworks at Bryce that weekend
Woodstock Tower
Sponsored

Last edited:

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Disabled Military Retired
Sounds like a plan!

Rburns1776

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JT Mojave, '22 WL75 Overland, 21' BMW M1000RR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Information Security
Vehicle Showcase
Was just up there for opening weekend with our 4 wheelers. If my JT gets delivered in time i'll go. casual trail to break it in on.

Sponsored

John in the Woods

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Semi-retired noisemaker
I'd love to do this! What are the odds that I can find some tent camping spots or a modest hotel in the area. I'm guessing I'm coming late to a huge holiday weekend.

Rburns1776

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Information Security
Vehicle Showcase
I'd love to do this! What are the odds that I can find some tent camping spots or a modest hotel in the area. I'm guessing I'm coming late to a huge holiday weekend.
Theres tent camping (Little Fort Campground) at the North end of the trail, i've never seen the camping area slammed so i'd imagine there'd be space for you there. Hotel wise, I think looking for something in Woodstock may be your best bet. Just my 2 cents

OP
OP
JTBurns

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Yea I haven't been there, we got an air bnb that's a tree house, which is pretty random. I don't think there is much in the area so should be able to find camping or a cheap rental somewhere

John in the Woods

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Semi-retired noisemaker
Alright. I checked with the better half, and we’re in. I’ll be there for Peter’s Mill on the 2nd, then camp at Little Fort Saturday and Sunday night so Ee can explore the trails all day Sunday too. If you recommend any other places in the area, let me know.

Should be a blast.

OP
OP
JTBurns

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Nice, this is coming together nicely! I saw somewhere too we have to get a pass. It costs like $5-$10 and you can order it online or get it at a few places down there. I put up another post when I track down the info

Sponsored

Rburns1776

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Information Security
Vehicle Showcase
Nice, this is coming together nicely! I saw somewhere too we have to get a pass. It costs like $5-$10 and you can order it online or get it at a few places down there. I put up another post when I track down the info
Passes are $5 for a day, $30 for annual. Pretty much any gas station in Edinburg sells them, just tell the cashier you need a Permit for Peters Mill Run and they'll know what you're talking about. MAKE SURE you write your name on the wristband when you get it. I've seen a ranger still write tickets for not putting name and date on the wristband.

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Alright. I checked with the better half, and we’re in. I’ll be there for Peter’s Mill on the 2nd, then camp at Little Fort Saturday and Sunday night so Ee can explore the trails all day Sunday too. If you recommend any other places in the area, let me know.

Should be a blast.
From Peters Mill Run, you are just shy of an hours drive South to Luray Caverns. The other way, you are just about an hour-15 North to get to Harpers Ferry. Both locations are worth a visit once in your lifetime.

Edit, if you end at the Southern end of the trail its actually only 30 minutes from Luray. Guess it just depends which way you end up.

Maccam26

First Name
Marc-Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
What time are we targeting to hit the trail on the Saturday, we are probably going to make the trek for this one.

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
I'm cool with any time but there's a big open gravel lot right about halfway through the trail. Would be a nice spot to have lunch if we go early/mid day.
Sponsored