Sponsored

Peterson's in Nampa, ID - Up to 8% below invoice

Cutterpillow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Rather than just following up on the previous thread I felt like this deserved a thread of its own. Per @Walter-new jeeper's recommendation I contacted Kent Shurtleff at Peterson's in Nampa, ID and have been working with him to place my order. Kent has been great to work with throughout the whole process. He was completely up front about their pricing & the requirements needed to get up to 8% below invoice. Basically you just need to be a member of Tread Lightly (or have an FCA Affiliate through some other program) and do the financing through them. That's the same as other great dealer's such as Gupton's.

Kent got my order placed today and sent me the VON right after the order was placed. Now all I have to do is wait.

I did quite a bit of searching for dealers in my area (near Seattle) but the best any of them would do was honor the 1% below invoice from the Tread Lightly/FCA Affiliate program. None of them would budge below that. Nampa, Idaho will be a long drive, but I'll easily come out well ahead even with the travel costs.

Bottom line: we've got a great dealership to work with in Nampa, Idaho that's within range for those of us in the PNW.

If you're looking to order and can make the drive, send Kent an email:

Kent Shurtleff
[email protected]
208-741-1289
Sponsored

2kXJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 XJ
2 questions:
1. Do these under invoice deals allow you the factory incentives on top of the discount?
2. If so, are they like Ram and allow you to lock the current incentive that’s going on when you order?

floridavet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
2 questions:
1. Do these under invoice deals allow you the factory incentives on top of the discount?
2. If so, are they like Ram and allow you to lock the current incentive that’s going on when you order?
Not sure about Peterson's but I got 7% below invoice outside of Orlando and they will add in whatever factor incentives are available when it is delivered.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cutterpillow

Cutterpillow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
2 questions:
As for #1, I don't know yet if they'll let me do that when I pick it up, it may be that all the current incentives are already included in their discount.
As for #2, they did lock in their price when I placed the order and provided a full quote of the final out-the-door price (taxes, title, doc fee, etc.).

PnwGladiatorBuild

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf TDI , 2022 JTRD
So I just had him quote me a truck, and it came out to 8% under MSRP, not INVOICE. Am I doing this wrong or thinking about it in the wrong way? The write up I got sent had all the pricing but options where priced at MSRP, and so was the base price of the truck. I would love to know your experience/perspective. TIA

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
Incorrect. There are people who are confused, but 8% under invoice typically in this context actually means 8% under invoice. It's not been fully confirmed in this case yet, however.

That said, my dad is looking for a 2500 Cummins, and was quoted $5K under MSRP today. Not 8% under invoice for sure, but also not a JT. Rams might be a different story. Still. $5K better than any dealer in the Denver area would deal.

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Escape, Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Firecracker Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
8% under in the Rockies? This is noteworthy! Just passed along to my dad (actively looking to buy a Ram) and I'll be watching this very closely. Keep us posted!
Contact Kent and let him know you are interested in a RAM. He will give you the contact info for his counterpart that does RAM trucks. And I believe you will get a good deal there as well, not sure how much under invoice though.

Sponsored

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Guys say invoice when they mean msrp. 8% is good!
Here's a snippet from my purchase order - the total price of 56,525 is calculated as MSRP, but the discounted price is based on invoice - otherwise I got 12.5% below MSRP. So we do mean invoice price. At the time I had the price guide and calculated the invoice price for my order and 49408 came in about 7% below that.
Jeep Gladiator Peterson's in Nampa, ID - Up to 8% below invoice 1628914295350

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
So I just had him quote me a truck, and it came out to 8% under MSRP, not INVOICE. Am I doing this wrong or thinking about it in the wrong way? The write up I got sent had all the pricing but options where priced at MSRP, and so was the base price of the truck. I would love to know your experience/perspective. TIA
See my other reply with an example from my order. Yes, the sheet has MSRP on it, but the difference between invoice and MSRP is not as great as people think. If you take my price as a percent of the MSRP price I got 12.5% off.

akrkwk310

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
328i xDrive sport wagon, i3 REx, Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Healthcare
From my experience with Kent, it was way too far from 8% under invoicd