First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
USAF Security Forces
Hey guys what have yall found for the Gladiator as far as mobile mounting solutions? I had the JKE Dock from Vector in the JK so will probably be going with that setup but I do also like the new slimmer design. The little mounts 67 has done for inside that useless cubby on the dash are interesting as well, found here. Also noticed 67 is now doing a full bar through that cubby may go that route or a combination of sorts to get the most freedom outa the dash. Anyone offering ball replacments for the screws in the grab handle like they did on the JK? Was always a great little spot for the CB mount...
Sponsored

G8R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon-solid white
Occupation
Medical Devices
I have the 67 designs in mine. I think it works quite well. I may add additional mounts to the rail at some point but all I have now is the single phone mount.
IMG_1909.jpg

attworth

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘00 LR Disco II, ‘17 Toyota Sienna

Sponsored

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
Any solutions to having power up in that area? Would be nice not to have all the cord clutter.

Sponsored

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Does the center armrest cubby USB support Apple carplay? If so, I'll be stashing mine away from view in there.
It does

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
To add to this, i'd also like to say if using the center cubby, use a good (possibly apple branded) sync cord. With 2 non apple sync cords in the cubby I would get occasional but far too frequent CarPlay crashes. With the apple branded, not one incident. Oddly didn't experience the same issue when using the dash inputs. my .02¢

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
To add to this, i'd also like to say if using the center cubby, use a good (possibly apple branded) sync cord. With 2 non apple sync cords in the cubby I would get occasional but far too frequent CarPlay crashes. With the apple branded, not one incident. Oddly didn't experience the same issue when using the dash inputs. my .02¢
Same...I haven't been able to get the console usb to consistently work properly. This is very disappointing because the cord is much less of a nuisance when stored in the console.

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
Yep. https://www.carolinametalmasters.com/products/jl-grab-bar-ball-mount

My plan is the Vector bar (original style), 67 designs arms, Jeep Uniq for radios (one on the grab bar and one on the CMM grab bar ball replacement thing).
I have this CMM ball and I had the CMM grab bar replacement on my JK. The entire bar was infinitely more sturdy than the ball in the JT, but that's the fault of FCA over CMM. The ball screws into a lot of plastic with some metal inside. That plastic isn't super rigid, so my phone vibrates a lot more than it did in my JK and becomes harder to read as a result. It's still plenty sturdy for something like a radio, but for my phone I'll probably end up grabbing that 67 mount. A shame because I like the out of the way mounting position of the CMM ball.

CMM says on their website that they'll eventually make a full replacement grab bar with a presumably more rigid ball mount but I like the interior without swapping out more materials for aluminum so I won't wait for that.

attworth

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘00 LR Disco II, ‘17 Toyota Sienna
I have this CMM ball and I had the CMM grab bar replacement on my JK. The entire bar was infinitely more sturdy than the ball in the JT, but that's the fault of FCA over CMM. The ball screws into a lot of plastic with some metal inside. That plastic isn't super rigid, so my phone vibrates a lot more than it did in my JK and becomes harder to read as a result. It's still plenty sturdy for something like a radio, but for my phone I'll probably end up grabbing that 67 mount. A shame because I like the out of the way mounting position of the CMM ball.

CMM says on their website that they'll eventually make a full replacement grab bar with a presumably more rigid ball mount but I like the interior without swapping out more materials for aluminum so I won't wait for that.
Thank you for the quick review. I plan to mount my ham mic on the ball, on a Jeep Uniq Mount. I had briefly considered getting a 2nd ball for the far right side for my wife to use, so this is helpful. I’ll just grab another 67 designs for her then.
Sponsored