Picking up a 2020 next week

Danroy

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Long story short I’ve been thinking about the Jeep truck for 5 years and haven’t bought one yet because I was planning to wait for the diesel option. Well a couple of days ago I went to go look at one in person and found out about the pretty good rebates going on right now and ended up getting an almost 53k MSRP Overland for a hair over 40k plus tax so I couldn’t really say no. Do you guys think I made the right decision?
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Long story short I’ve been thinking about the Jeep truck for 5 years and haven’t bought one yet because I was planning to wait for the diesel option. Well a couple of days ago I went to go look at one in person and found out about the pretty good rebates going on right now and ended up getting an almost 53k MSRP Overland for a hair over 40k plus tax so I couldn’t really say no. Do you guys think I made the right decision?
You bought a Jeep pickup, nothing wrong about that. Unless you need the extra torque offered by the diesel, I don't believe it's worth the extra cost. There's a large premium to get the engine, fuel costs more, and the DEF expense eats up the potential fuel savings.

I had a 2006 Silverado with the Duramax diesel, last year before the extra emissions controls were added. It was running great with 140k miles when I traded it in for my Overland. All it needed was some TCW3 outboard oil (.5oz per gallon) when fueling. It was quiet and smooth running, and the exhaust didn't choke you (once the engine was at operating temperature).

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Congratulations, great choice!

OP
OP

Danroy

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
You bought a Jeep pickup, nothing wrong about that. Unless you need the extra torque offered by the diesel, I don't believe it's worth the extra cost. There's a large premium to get the engine, fuel costs more, and the DEF expense eats up the potential fuel savings.

I had a 2006 Silverado with the Duramax diesel, last year before the extra emissions controls were added. It was running great with 140k miles when I traded it in for my Overland. All it needed was some TCW3 outboard oil (.5oz per gallon) when fueling. It was quiet and smooth running, and the exhaust didn't choke you (once the engine was at operating temperature).
I’d really only want it for towing, I occasionally will pull a trailer with a car but I’ll just have to watch it now. I believe the way mine is equipped it can tow 6,000 lbs.

Sponsored

Szy_szka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango
So wait, you got a brand new 2020 Overland for about 24% off the sticker ($12,720) and no one is asking you to share more details about the price???? Was it with trade in? Some crazy rebates? If you can, please specify how exactly you were able to get such an excellent deal!!

OP
OP

Danroy

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
So wait, you got a brand new 2020 Overland for about 24% off the sticker ($12,720) and no one is asking you to share more details about the price???? Was it with trade in? Some crazy rebates? If you can, please specify how exactly you were able to get such an excellent deal!!
I qualify for employee pricing which takes quite a bit off the top plus an additional 3,500 in rebates that are currently available locally and then a bit of discount from the dealership.

Szy_szka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango
I qualify for employee pricing which takes quite a bit off the top plus an additional 3,500 in rebates that are currently available locally and then a bit of discount from the dealership.
This is a different employee pricing than the one advertised on the Jeep website right now? In other words, the deal you got is not going to be easily replicated elsewhere?

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
24% off... Very nice.. You have beaten me. I got 23% off my Sport S. 44,910 window sticker & I paid 34,513 plus the taxes & dealer stuff.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Danroy

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
This is a different employee pricing than the one advertised on the Jeep website right now? In other words, the deal you got is not going to be easily replicated elsewhere?
Yes it’s different, the current promo is employee pricing for everyone. What I paid is actual employee pricing (well a bit less) and the additional 3500 off. Theoretically you could get fairly close.

Szy_szka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango
24% off... Very nice.. You have beaten me. I got 23% off my Sport S. 44,910 window sticker & I paid 34,513 plus the taxes & dealer stuff.
Made an offer to a dealer about an hour away that is hair over 17% off the MSRP (Sport S). Not even a chance.... They came back with a price that was almost 4,000 more. I wonder how much the availability of deals has to do with local market situations (I see you're in ID; I am in MD dealing with a dealer in VA).

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Made an offer to a dealer about an hour away that is hair over 17% off the MSRP (Sport S). Not even a chance.... They came back with a price that was almost 4,000 more. I wonder how much the availability of deals has to do with local market situations (I see you're in ID; I am in MD dealing with a dealer in VA).
My 23% off wasn't even something I could replicate on any other JT's.. The dealer I got mine from (Dennis Dillon in Caldwell ID) had exactly 1 Max Tow on the lot. The next dealership over (Peterson which is one of the dealerships everyone here raves about) wanted 4k more for a similarly equipped max tow and wouldn't budge. I didn't get exactly what I wanted, but it was close enough that for the savings I get to make it what I want. Which at this point means adding the heated seats that I already bought the stuff for, just gotta get around to doing it sometime before it gets cold. Very little of my discount was something I brought to the table (1k in discounts that I forced) the rest they had advertised & its not like that now.
Sponsored