Sponsored

Pics with the soft top down (not off)?

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Anyone have any pics with the soft top fully retracted? Everything I've seen so far is with the top off, and I'm curious how much of the bed gets blocked by it. Also curious how difficult it is to do with the bed preventing you front standing directly behind the jeep.

Also, does anyone have any info on how easily the rear panels and rear window are removed?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Seconded. I've seen a pic or two with the soft top in the "sunrider" position but would really like to see it all the way down. Would also like to see closer pic's of the rear window on the soft top.

mfran12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport
Seconded. I've seen a pic or two with the soft top in the "sunrider" position but would really like to see it all the way down. Would also like to see closer pic's of the rear window on the soft top.
Not sure it goes all the way down because the truck bed is there. I think “sunrider” is all it does. Wait for photo confirmation before quoting me on that though.

MTH

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YJ, JKUR, JK Chief
Occupation
Professional Wiffleball Player
I'd love to see the frame for the soft top.

Gecko-JKU

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Gecko Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (Gone but not forgotten), 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Toyota 4 Runner
According to the interview done by the LiteBrite crew, the top will not drop all the way down. It will be solely the sunrider position or completely off (for just the top portion). There are pictures out there with the rear window removed with the sides and top still on. Interview is below

Sponsored

MTH

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YJ, JKUR, JK Chief
Occupation
Professional Wiffleball Player
Makes sense. One of the Jeep pictures used for the banner has it in that position. You can see that the door surround doubles as the rear support for the top along the rear.

Sunrider flip top still the same?

EDIT - Watched video. The sunrider open will stack up behind and above the rear seat. Keeps the top off the bed. Perfect design IMO. So that's basically how the top folds down/back. I dig it.

Gecko-JKU

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Gecko Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (Gone but not forgotten), 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Toyota 4 Runner
Yeah I don't think it would have been that difficult to have it fold all the way down. Bestop already does it for the 2 door Wrangler. The designers didn't want to create any interference in the bed with the top down. The top looks like its going to be small enough to be easily removed while standing in the bed. What I would like to see is a bag to roll up the sides and back and stuff it into the underseat storage.

JEEPN X 4

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep JK Unlimited Sport, 2014 Manley ORV Original Trailer
I think this setup is fine if it doesn't come all the way down. The sunrider bows unlatch from the rails very easily and there can't be much attaching the top to the rear cage. If anything someone will make quick disconnects for the attachment bolts at the rear. Then you can easily pull the whole thing off, and the nice thing with the Gladiator is you now have a place to chuck the whole top-just stick it in the bed; when folded up, it will easily fit, even on top of other gear in the bed. I hate how bunched up the top is on JK's and JL's compared to TJ's when it's folded all the way down--it will be better to just move it completely out of the way.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Yeah I don't think it would have been that difficult to have it fold all the way down. Bestop already does it for the 2 door Wrangler. The designers didn't want to create any interference in the bed with the top down. The top looks like its going to be small enough to be easily removed while standing in the bed. What I would like to see is a bag to roll up the sides and back and stuff it into the underseat storage.
There are no sides to roll up and stick anywhere. There only parts of the top are a roof and a back window. I agree with the concept of take it all the way off and lay it in the bed. I also hope to devise some way to carry the removed doors in the bed with the top. That way when it rains I am ready with my top AND doors. We've all heard the story of if you don't like the weather in "insert your geographical location here" just wait five minutes and it will change. Well where I live it is true.

OP
OP

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
There are no sides to roll up and stick anywhere. There only parts of the top are a roof and a back window. I agree with the concept of take it all the way off and lay it in the bed. I also hope to devise some way to carry the removed doors in the bed with the top. That way when it rains I am ready with my top AND doors. We've all heard the story of if you don't like the weather in "insert your geographical location here" just wait five minutes and it will change. Well where I live it is true.
To be fair, the back window does wrap around the sides - about 8-10 inches from the looks of it. Unclear it it's all one panel or if the actual window can zip out.

Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Does anyone know what the difference is between the two rag tops? One is described as a Sunrider folding soft top with sunroof feature and the other one is described as a Premium Sunrider soft top.

I can’t help but wonder if the Premium one is a power operated top like the Sunrider one now offered on the normal Wranglers. Hoping the top could power open and you just remove the back window. Would sell well I feel. Anyone know for certain here?

FA9CB202-CBA1-4380-818A-7E857C018568.jpeg

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
The premium refers to the material. The regular one is a vinyl product and the premium is a cloth material. I wanted the Sky One Touch roof too but the cab isn't long enough to accommodate it.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Shucks. I really don’t like how the folding top blows open at highway speed when folded back. If I get a rag top then I would probably just remove the back window and roll all side windows down and just leave the top in place. Or perhaps just get a hard top.

kltk1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAM 1500
Best pics I've found yet. At about the 5:15 mark you can see the soft top in the open position.

kltk1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAM 1500
At the 3:15 mark he operates the soft top.

Sponsored