Plastidip Hothead Headliners?

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon
Received my Hothead Headliners. Get customer service and guick shipping. Going to install this week. Just curious if any one have painted/plastidipped/linex'ed the top prior to install them. Any benefits?
Sponsored

HermosaBeachBum

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Grand Cherokee
Received my Hothead Headliners. Get customer service and guick shipping. Going to install this week. Just curious if any one have painted/plastidipped/linex'ed the top prior to install them. Any benefits?
I’ve been thinking about doing it. I have a quote from Line-X for the Ultra product. They say you don’t have to worry about outgassing or odors. I’d like to have an all black interior or black headliners on a gator interior...

DakotaBoy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Love this idea. Anyone done it yet?

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
What is that? What does that do?

Gatorac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow, Mazda Miata, Audi SQ5
Occupation
Motor-sports Event Manager
I painted the inside of the tops with a satin black prior to the HotHeads install. I like it. I've only had a chance to to the freedom panels so far. Still have to pull the rest of the top and complete the project.

There are pics on here of some that have done this already. I wouldn't use plastidip on the section that the HotHeads stick to.

Sponsored

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
Lol, not the headliner....doing that stuff to it
Never mind, just understood what you’re asking....doing something to the top, not the headliners. Your title confused me...

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel
I've always hated the Igloo cooler look...this was my JK (last one I painted the interior hardtop with flat black Krylon)
Jeep Gladiator Plastidip Hothead Headliners? cfeeae8a0077787d5a4b2fd179563454

Sponsored

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 1989 YJ
Occupation
Jeep Headliners
I painted the inside of the tops with a satin black prior to the HotHeads install. I like it. I've only had a chance to to the freedom panels so far. Still have to pull the rest of the top and complete the project.

There are pics on here of some that have done this already. I wouldn't use plastidip on the section that the HotHeads stick to.
Here's a cool photo that we have done this with (the fiberglass hard top painted black) paired with our Medium Dark Oak Headliners in a Jeep JK Wrangler.

Jeep Gladiator Plastidip Hothead Headliners? 1605718553403

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link

Did you do anything to the paint where the headliner installs? I just painted my interior roof and will have the hothead headliner delivered on friday. I was going to sand where the 3m tape adhears. Any other pointers for painted roofs?
Sponsored