First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel
So traded my Sport S for a Mojave yesterday. I LOVE the Mojave
Jeep Gladiator Please tell me there's other soft top options 20210601_182927

The 6spd is smooth. The ride is fantastic...
Now, about the soft top

You're f*****g kidding me, right? What drug addled brain did this thing come from??? Easily the most horrendous contraption I've ever seen. Unsightly, loud as hell when in the 'bad rug' position, and, apparently, the only game in town for soft tops.
Please point me to any other soft top options! Or someone save me with a hardtop (can't find a single one for sale). I have a like new softop, cash and desperation!
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

u-joint

First Name
Inigo Montoya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Yes
Nice looking rig!

I 100% agree on the soft top!

My JK has a soft top. I love it. So easy to raise and lower, not loud at all, and best of all I can quickly go from top down to top up in case a rain storm crops up.

I would have absolutely gone with a soft top on my JT... that is, until I saw the reviews on it. The half-assed approach Mopar did here is unacceptable.

I just went with a hard top, and I'm HOPING that the aftermarket gets their act together and designs a proper soft top that retracts into the bed like the JK top does.

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee
I have a soft top on my Mojave. I wouldn't trade it for a hard top if they threw in $5,000 with the trade. I'm serious. It is a big reason I bought a JT. Is it beautiful? NO! But the sun and open sky sure are! Plus it is so dang easy to fold up and down - like, takes a few seconds. The top is no masterpiece, but it is totally functional and make the Jeep 10x more fun.

OP
OP
unsocbl

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel
I have a soft top on my Mojave. I wouldn't trade it for a hard top if they threw in $5,000 with the trade. I'm serious. It is a big reason I bought a JT. Is it beautiful? NO! But the sun and open sky sure are! Plus it is so dang easy to fold up and down - like, takes a few seconds. The top is no masterpiece, but it is totally functional and make the Jeep 10x more fun.
I know looks are a personal thing. I agree with the idea of a soft top, just not how this one works 😁
I've had a Wrangler of some sort for the past 20 years and had dual tops for each one. Love the softop in the Spring and Fall...but the Gladiator top is a total fail for me.

Cannot believe how much more expensive hardtop are for it. It's half the size of a Jku top and twice the cost...

In the end, my fail for not researching the soft top more just really hoping for options, rumors...sympathy 🤣🤣

Sponsored

BtrLtThnNvr

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2008 JKU
Best option? Hardtop with Bestop Sunrider. Should be a Jeep option. Easy to open and close. Also easy to take off with the hardtop for topless days. Pricey but worth it. Bought mine from Northridge 4x4. Also, btw, amazing customer service if needed.

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee
I know looks are a personal thing. I agree with the idea of a soft top, just not how this one works 😁
I've had a Wrangler of some sort for the past 20 years and had dual tops for each one. Love the softop in the Spring and Fall...but the Gladiator top is a total fail for me.

Cannot believe how much more expensive hardtop are for it. It's half the size of a Jku top and twice the cost...

In the end, my fail for not researching the soft top more just really hoping for options, rumors...sympathy 🤣🤣
I understand. I bought the less expensive (non-premium) because I intend on getting one in tan or brown as soon as an option becomes available. Maybe their will be better looking, fold-to-the-bed options by then. Until then, my soft top works fine and adds great joy to my drive. Now that the weather is warm, I feel kinda bad for others when I see another Jeep with a hard top on. The removable panels help, I'm sure, but it is still not quite like being totally topless.

Rozik169

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator overland
Occupation
Pa turnpike
I have both tops I have no issues with the soft top for the summer always do your research I got the color match hard top I figured it would be close to impossible to find punkn used just like your snazzberry

CivilJeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Diesel, 2022 4XE
Occupation
Engineer

Sponsored

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Volvo Xc90 Polestar
Occupation
Finder of bad stuff and people.
Vehicle Showcase
The soft top OEM is made by BesTop so they will not be making another knockoff. Mopar couldn't figure out how to do a soft top so they farmed it out, there is a reason why there is no other convertible trucks- and the former ones didn't have functional beds. Bestop is the biggest and Smitty, Rugged and the others usually knock off their tops within a few years. I expect to see knockoffs coming out in the next six months, but I don't expect the quality. I have both tops and i use the Soft top 9 months out of the year. It can be opened and doing 80- on the freeway and even though it looks like a man bun- I don't care, Vikings wear Man buns- Go to Sweden and Norway, 6'8 300lb guys with man buns.......

double J

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon
So traded my Sport S for a Mojave yesterday. I LOVE the Mojave
Jeep Gladiator Please tell me there's other soft top options 9A5E453D-1B02-4796-BEB2-AA071A45E581

The 6spd is smooth. The ride is fantastic...
Now, about the soft top

You're f*****g kidding me, right? What drug addled brain did this thing come from??? Easily the most horrendous contraption I've ever seen. Unsightly, loud as hell when in the 'bad rug' position, and, apparently, the only game in town for soft tops.
Please point me to any other soft top options! Or someone save me with a hardtop (can't find a single one for sale). I have a like new softop, cash and desperation!
I have both tops and the Sunrider for hardtop. Get some cut to size Velcro double sided tape and make two straps to hold it closed. Then I use a power ratchet to remove the four bolts that attach the top to the Jeep. Then throw it in the bed.

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold JLU Sport S for JTM, JL Willys Sport
Coming from a JLU soft top to a JT soft top, I prefer the JT much better overall. Now the look is better on the JLU completely lowered, however, there are give and takes.

The JLU you don't have clear rear vision like in the JT as it sits on top, but the JLU looks better than a man bun when you have the rear windows out. You do still have a man bun in the JLU with it in the sunrider position. You don't see the man bun in either while driving though. Does it really matter what others think? No, they are still envious of not having a convertible.

Other things I like about the soft top JT over the JL is you don't have soft windows on the side; just in the back. It's a much better lqqk. The JT is a little trickier to remove the back window, but you can remove it in about the same time as the JLU, maybe faster.

The best look is taking the soft top off completely for either model of course. It's much faster in the JT, (I've done both). I scratched the hell out of my JLU trying to get the soft top back on by myself the first time (lessen learned). The JT is so easy, especially with 2 people and it's lighter.

Next with the JLU and leaving the soft top up and windows out, I ran March - September last year with the windows out and doorless. When I ran into rain, only the trunk got wet (and the floor mats) and I didn't care. I'm a little worried about the JT rear seats/subwoofer/blue tooth speaker getting soaked without much of an over hang from the soft top. I bought a Rain Gear cover to help and it's worked great so far. I'll probably come up with something to protect the rear when I'm parked and have the soft top up.

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is hard all the way. If I want sun and wind... I take it off. I've had way too many sports cars with drafty leaky canvas tops.
Sponsored