Sponsored

Poor design, rain gutter over front doors.

WendyH

First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Purchasing Agent
I'm sure other people have experienced this. I have owned Jeep Wranglers for over 20 years and never notice this issue before. With the Gladiator, in a heavy rain, when you open the front door the water literally pours onto the front seat. I see that I can purchase gutter extensions on Amazon, but paying over 40 grand for a vehicle and having to add a fix to it really bugs me!
Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
It's not a perfect design for sure, but the rain guards work. Be sure that you get the ones that go up into the window cove, and not the ones that adhere over the window area.
0G1BOku.jpg
How do these help when opening the door?

JoseQ_80

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport 80th Anniversary Bright White
Occupation
Highway Engineer
It's the price you pay for a folding windshield.

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
How do these help when opening the door?
Eh, I skimmed and misread. I can say that I'm not getting water in the truck anymore. The gutter on the freedom panel lips dumping into the truck hasn't been an issue. And it's been a monsoon here this fall from all the hurricane rains. I wonder what makes one truck do that and another not?

Sponsored

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
I don't understand what's happening exactly... Water is collecting in the gutter somehow, then coming out all at once when you get in or out or... how is water getting on you? Where is it collecting? How is it becoming uncollected?

Haley

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 1981 CJ8
Occupation
Landscaping
I think it's basically because of the freedom top and the front gutters in the rear top piece. They dump interior to the outer door, which is still sealed when closed. The options are either no freedom top and no leak, or freedom top with risk for occasional leak.

Jeep Gladiator Poor design, rain gutter over front doors. PXL_20210909_151735589

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
Come to an abrupt halt, once the surge of water flows past the pillar hop out abruptly. Problem solved!
Or move out here to SoCal. You know the song.

Sponsored

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Or park on an incline. (Edit ^ beat me to it)
It's odd to me that much would collect there at all (being open ended), much less all dump when the door opens.

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Or park on an incline. (Edit ^ beat me to it)
It's odd to me that much would collect there at all (being open ended), much less all dump when the door opens.
In my experience (my prior 2020 gladiator) in heavy rain the channels do their job and divert water to the front/back. However when the vehicle is stopped and the front doors are opened, the water naturally falls into the cabin. My new 21 Gladiator has a new plastic/rubber piece on the a-frame pillar that looks like it is designed to divert water away from the cabin that wasn’t on my prior 20 Gladiator.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure other people have experienced this. I have owned Jeep Wranglers for over 20 years and never notice this issue before. With the Gladiator, in a heavy rain, when you open the front door the water literally pours onto the front seat. I see that I can purchase gutter extensions on Amazon, but paying over 40 grand for a vehicle and having to add a fix to it really bugs me!
40 grand?? You got off cheap!!
Sponsored