Popping noise

kabookie10

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I hope someone can help. I’ve reached out to Synergy, Steer Smarts and Jeep but haven’t heard anything.

so here is the story. I installed the following parts; fox 2.0 ts steering stabilizer,steer smarts track bar and drag long with attenuator and the synergy sector shaft and track bar brace. I torqued all bolts to spec and just rechecked them. istarted the Jeep and backed out of my garage and had a popping noise come from the front. I drove it around and couldn’t duplicate the popping. I’m guessing it could have been from the bushing on the synergy brace not having grease all the way around. This was done about 2 weeks ago.

fast forward to today. I haven’t heard any pops till today. I thought maybe it was combing from the frontbut it sounds like it’s coming from the rear or middle of the Jeep. It only happened on accelerations. The weird thing is it did it abo 5-6 times and now it’s gone and I can’t get it to do it again.

I checked to see if there was an open recall on the driveshaft carrier bearing but there wasn’t anything.

Anyone have any input or advice on what the popping could be? I feel like I’m going to be searching for a needle.

Oh and I noticed this with my steering stabilizer. It doesn’t look normal and I’ve reached out tofox on it. The rubber o ring seems to be coming out and the stabilizer is at an angle compared to the mounting bracket.
Jeep Gladiator Popping noise AC72184A-34B0-4C13-A9E1-8A5928CBFD1A
Jeep Gladiator Popping noise 54D6DB4A-C869-4BDE-BECA-FFDDCFDC783C
Sponsored

OP
OP
kabookie10

kabookie10

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Sorry for the bad typing. I am on my iPad lol

OP
OP
kabookie10

kabookie10

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
It is a creeping pop to a full on pop. It’s coming from the back end and I got it on video. I don’t know how to get a video on here.
IMG_4320.mov

OP
OP
kabookie10

kabookie10

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Not sure of the rules on posting videos from YouTube but here is the links.

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
Here goes a remote-over-the-Internet diagnosis with the limited info that can be had in such circumstances...

I would call this more of a heavy rattle than popping. To me, the sound of a worn out ball joint is a pop. This sounds like an interference hit/rattle. The flex of the suspension from the engine torquing may have some components touching under the right conditions. And retorque all the bolts in case something was bound up the first time. you may now have a bit of slack after things unbound and got properly seated/aligned. That stabilizer looks tight, but the pic may be misleading me.

Those are things I’d check based on what I see here.

Good luck

Sponsored

OP
OP
kabookie10

kabookie10

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Thanks i know it’s a long shot for remote diagnosis. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas. The noise in the videos is comming from the back. And I didn’t touch anything back there. That’s the wierd thing. I’m more than likely going to take it back to the dealer but just wanted to have an idea of what it could be. I have a feeling I’ll get the infamous “we couldn’t replicate the problem” response. The front end is solid with no noises now.

I have an email out to fox and am going to call them about the stabilizer. It doesn’t look right to me. It’s like the bracket that bolts to the axle isn’t bent right and is putting a bind on it. Just didn’t know if anyone had one and theirs was at a slight angle also. Maybe this weekend I’ll loosen things and retorque everything.
The creak or pop just drives me nutty. My ocd can’t handle it. Lol

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Is the bracket bolt on your stabilizer making contact with the shaft? It looks like something is a bit off with the bushing. It should look like this:
Jeep Gladiator Popping noise 1594237265454

Jeep Gladiator Popping noise 1594237615005

OP
OP
kabookie10

kabookie10

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Is the bracket bolt on your stabilizer making contact with the shaft? It looks like something is a bit off with the bushing. It should look like this:

That’s the bracket and the bolt isn’t making contact. The rubber o ring that goes around the bolt to seal the ball joint is popping out. It’s at a pretty good angle and my assumption is the angle force has squeezed the o ring out a little. I contacted fox about it and they said to undo everything and reinstall the o ring. It just seems like the bracket they manufactured should come out away from the axle a little more to allow the stabalizer to be straight. Here’s a pic from the bottom that I sent them.
Jeep Gladiator Popping noise D5674041-5C40-4B92-9DAE-AC785B8542E8

Now the next pic is the o ring coming out

Jeep Gladiator Popping noise 330A43BA-0EC0-4598-AC1C-CC979E7DE4E3

RaiderGladiator

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
That’s the bracket and the bolt isn’t making contact. The rubber o ring that goes around the bolt to seal the ball joint is popping out. It’s at a pretty good angle and my assumption is the angle force has squeezed the o ring out a little. I contacted fox about it and they said to undo everything and reinstall the o ring. It just seems like the bracket they manufactured should come out away from the axle a little more to allow the stabalizer to be straight. Here’s a pic from the bottom that I sent them.

Now the next pic is the o ring coming out

did you get this figured out?
I want to guess rear drift shaft.. trying to track down my clunk as well.

OP
OP
kabookie10

kabookie10

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Yes it ended up being a bad rear control arm. Was replaced under warranty and no more clunking.

CJGCJS

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willy’s. 2022
Occupation
Fed Police Officer
I just was searching online for something of this issue and well first of all I have the Jeep JLU WILLY’s 2022 and I have the same issue that rubber o-ring issue. I had installed a Fox TS and then after I saw this issue I decided to get the Fox ATS that is adjustable. Both are awesome specially the ATSI have pics of both when it had the Fox TS and now the ATS. Same issue with the FOX ATS I will put up a picture with the ATS with the O ring issue. Hopefully you have a fix for this or some that thank you in advance issue. Wondering if it’s because the pivoting point within the area. Did you have a solution. Thank you in advance.

IMG_0380.jpeg

IMG_0395.jpeg

IMG_0694.jpeg
Sponsored