First Name
sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator rubicon
Occupation
dispatcher
Is there anyone here who have beach camped the Port Aransas area? Looking for a good spot that's as private as possible, but close to bars and restaurants and showers.
Sponsored

notquiteflotsam

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Mojave; 2011 JKU Sport (retired)
i'm not sure that exists. If you want private beach camping, your best bet is to head down a little further south to Padre Island National Sea Shore (about 30 miles from Port A). We camped down there in October/November. We drove down about 15 miles on the beach before we stopped. During the day there were still a fair number of people, maybe one group every 200 yards or so but as the sun set everyone left and we felt completely alone - it was exactly what we wanted. https://www.nps.gov/pais/planyourvisit/maps.htm

of course there are no facilities that far down the beach, but there are at the park HQ entrance (no bars).

If privacy is what you're after, get your crew. pick up your own provisions and a cooler and head down. you won't regret it. Spring break is right around the corner so all bets are off if that's where your timing is.

OP
OP
Kirkfukstik

Kirkfukstik

First Name
sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator rubicon
Occupation
dispatcher
I asked this on my dfw gladiator Facebook group and got some good info. Also was told to go a little further south.

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Self Employed
Finding the balance between bars and restaurants close and having privacy is the trick. More amenities naturally equals more people. You can try a little further north too. Surfside Beach is pretty long and the beach definitely clears out pretty good near sunset. A few options for food and drink. Week days are better. All bets off on holidays though.
Sponsored