Portable fridge

mjgpol99

First Name
manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
I purchased a dometic portable fridge. The plug that connects to the battery is on backorder. I can get an arb one from 4wheel parts, just wondering if the plugs are the same. Will the dometic plug into the arb plug?
Sponsored

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
Do you mean an adapter that clamps to battery and gives you a cigarette outlet - - they are pretty much all the same.

OP
OP
mjgpol99

mjgpol99

First Name
manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Do you mean an adapter that clamps to battery and gives you a cigarette outlet - - they are pretty much all the same.
Yes it looks like a cigarette lighter plug but it has 2 blade connectors inside it. You unscrew the end of the cigarette plug on the fridge and plug that in. Thanks for the reply

Sponsored

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am confused by the unscrew comment. You should just be able to use the fridge cigarette adapter and plug directly in to this.

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you wanting to mount it somewhere. I would just get one of the ones I showed and just tuck it in the engine compartment area beside battery.

OP
OP
mjgpol99

mjgpol99

First Name
manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
So the connection by just a cigarette lighter plug will not work for very long. It will shut the compressor down after a while. You need a direct connection to the battery for the best performance of the fridge. The cig plug on the fridge side unscrews and plugs into the connection i posted earlier

OP
OP
mjgpol99

mjgpol99

First Name
manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
When i get back home ill take a pic of the fridges plug unscrewed

Sponsored

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why would the refrig not run long on a cigarette adapter. The adapter you posted is just a cigarette adapter (just with and adjustable cord).

I run mine for days via the cigarette adapter. The Dometic portable fridges were made to run that way - unless you don't have a portable one (looks like cooler). What fridge are you using?

OP
OP
mjgpol99

mjgpol99

First Name
manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Why would the refrig not run long on a cigarette adapter. The adapter you posted is just a cigarette adapter (just with and adjustable cord).

I run mine for days via the cigarette adapter. The Dometic portable fridges were made to run that way - unless you don't have a portable one (looks like cooler). What fridge are you using?
I have the 75dz and want to mount it in the bed of the jeep most cig lighters are powered on by the ignition switch need it to run when the jeep is off. Also want a connection that will not disconnect when trail riding

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The wired direct to battery will not turn off with the ignition. The cigarette lighter is just an interface.

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is a great thread on wiring a permanent outlet into your bed - that the dometic would plug right into.

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
as it sounds like you want a 2 pin outlet - the ARB one you posted I don't think is that
Sponsored