Sponsored

Possible standard soft top parts shortage

Evilhomer 0||||||||0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Spoke with my MAS rep yesterday. My order for a sport s was kicked back for lack of standard soft top availability.

Options were wait it out with no eta on parts or upgrade to hard top or premium.

MA'S resubmitted order with premium soft top. They are also eating the $595 cost out of their end, which was mighty nice of them. Hopefully there is no impact to existing orders, but just a heads up for anyone yet to order and looking for standard top.
Sponsored

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
Man that's a nice little bonus for you.

Woody

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I find it amazing that they just started building these gladiators with all the hype and they are running out of parts.. tops, bumpers etc.. WTH!

OP
OP
Evilhomer 0||||||||0

Evilhomer 0||||||||0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I find it amazing that they just started building these gladiators with all the hype and they are running out of parts.. tops, bumpers etc.. WTH!
If only they would run out of the 5 inch uconnect and I got free upgrade to 7 inch.

I didn't give the premium cloth a second thought before, but it seems pretty nice.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I know when the JL launched, a few Sport buyers got upgraded axles thrown into their build when they ran short of the standard axles at the factory. I doubt that would happen with the Gladiator but not unheard of for them to opt a premium option to keep the factory moving.

Sponsored

DenverGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ stock, manual, over-sized tires, soft top, half doors
I have spoke to numerous dealers over last couple weeks to finalize a Sport S build, everyone has had to upgrade to premium soft top. Based on my builds, standard soft top became unavailable around May 16th. I'm biting the bullet and going premium soft top before more of my options become unavailable.

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon (Sting Grey)
Hi, does anyone know if the standard soft top (sport s) is completely removable or, does it just fold back? *Also, what's the difference really between the standard and premium cloth top? Thanks.

DenverGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ stock, manual, over-sized tires, soft top, half doors
Primary difference right now is the premium soft top is available and the standard soft top is not. Premium is a higher quality material. I have no clue about removal, I assumed the designs are the same and both are removable

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
The standard soft top is the canvas like material that soft tops have been made of forever. The premium is darker in color and almost looks like felt.

Both tops fold back. They can be completely removed but it will take time and tools.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Carlton is right. I have seen a video showing someone taking out the rear window and the rear corner sections. All three are very easy and fast to do. Have read that the top itself can also be removed but I also imagine that it will take time, tools, patience and a helper. And I bet it will be a small pain in the rear end both taking it off and putting it back on.
Primary difference right now is the premium soft top is available and the standard soft top is not. Premium is a higher quality material. I have no clue about removal, I assumed the designs are the same and both are removable
The standard soft top is the canvas like material that soft tops have been made of forever. The premium is darker in color and almost looks like felt.

Both tops fold back. They can be completely removed but it will take time and tools.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Evilhomer 0||||||||0

Evilhomer 0||||||||0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Just got word from my sales rep that Jeep is about to delay orders with window tint, which would be every jeep except the Sport model.

I'll update as I hear anything, but unlike the bedliners, I'm not sure jeep would complete and ship trucks without tint and have the dealers handle it, maybe I suppose. But being that its part of the S package and up, who knows.

More to come.

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S
There were similar soft top delays in the first year of the JL. I think Bestop is simply pushing their manufacturing capacity to it's limits.
Sponsored