Potentially Ordering a 2021 Gladiator

Quan2xr

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Fairly new to the forums, so I apologize in advance if I'm messing with any of the rules.

Been looking at Gladiators for the past few months as they were leasing well mid-2020 and into the last couple quarters. Got some quotes, mainly on '21 Sports, Sport S', and Willys, but wasn't able to get a very "aggressive" deal on a desirable model. There are quite a few '21 model years for sale in the DMV, but as I've seen on other topics, the lower trims typically have an undesirable/weird spec, which just leads to ordering from the factory. Specifically, I was just looking to get into a Willys Sport(currently the most popular trim under inventories near me)with the Cold Weather Group and Technology Group being the only additional options to some aspects of the CPP 24k, but the ones for sale near me exceed the 42-43k MSRP I'm looking to stay under with the said non-desirable add-ons. The closest I've found was a '21 Sport with CPP 24S, but that was recently sold:

Jeep Gladiator Potentially Ordering a 2021 Gladiator 1609809876839

Overall, I'm bummed because I wasn't able to find a desirable one that I could pickup before the new year, so I'm considering waiting for more inventory in the hopes of finding a close spec or just potentially ordering one. I haven't seen much about people leasing ordered vehicles on these forums as well as leasehackr, so any insight would be appreciated.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Meekal

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S JT, 2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ Golden Eagle
Click on the search button at the top of the page, search for '7% below invoice' or '8% below invoice', or search for Criswell Jeep, Gupton Motors, or TriCity Jeep. You'll find plenty of threads for the dealers that will give you great deals between 5-8% below invoice pricing on ORDERED Gladiators, aka not off the lot. You'll just have to wait a month or two for delivery. 👍

OP
OP

Quan2xr

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Click on the search button at the top of the page, search for '7% below invoice' or '8% below invoice', or search for Criswell Jeep, Gupton Motors, or TriCity Jeep. You'll find plenty of threads for the dealers that will give you great deals between 5-8% below invoice pricing on ORDERED Gladiators, aka not off the lot. You'll just have to wait a month or two for delivery. 👍
Are these discounts primarily for customers who are planning to buy? I'm planning to lease and the dealers I've dealt with typically don't offer that much of a discount.

JayKrup

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Are these discounts primarily for customers who are planning to buy? I'm planning to lease and the dealers I've dealt with typically don't offer that much of a discount.
You can lease as well, Gupton Motors will take care of you. Ask for Daniel. I was going to lease the Eco Diesel but ended up just financing due to the 100,000 mile power train

Sponsored

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
You can lease as well, Gupton Motors will take care of you. Ask for Daniel. I was going to lease the Eco Diesel but ended up just financing due to the 100,000 mile power train
please detail 100k power train.. I thought I read 3yr/60k power train, thats why I opted for extended warranty.. I went with the eco-diesel JTHA

Meekal

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honestly, I'm not really an expert on that but my assumption is that you're ordering a vehicle, and you're paying a price for the vehicle. Whether you buy or lease shouldn't really matter. You'll negotiate the price, and that will be the price of the vehicle, for which financing will not be decided until you take delivery of it, anyway.

I currently am in a lease on a 2020 JT Sport S, which I had my local dealership order for me (because at the time in July/August 2019, there were no manuals on the lots. Granted, I did not negotiate nearly as great a deal as 5 or 7% below invoice, because truth be told back then I had not done enough research or scouring of these forums to learn that I COULD do that. But, I would have if I could have. Of course, HAD I gotten that deal, I might have purchased instead.

@JayKrup gives a good point, you should look into Gupton Motors. I'm sure Daniel will do a 7% below invoice lease for you. I'm currently shopping to order a 2021 ecodiesel, and Gupton is one of the places with which I'm working.

Meekal

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
please detail 100k power train.. I thought I read 3yr/60k power train, thats why I opted for extended warranty.. I went with the eco-diesel JTHA
Yes, please detail that warranty, @JayKrup? I'm currently shopping to buy a 2021 EcoDiesel, and am very interested in securing that warranty!

JayKrup

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
You’re correct. You can get an extended warranty at the time of sale but it is a 5-YEAR / 60,000-MILE POWERTRAINLIMITED WARRANTY

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
You’re correct. You can get an extended warranty at the time of sale but it is a 5-YEAR / 60,000-MILE POWERTRAINLIMITED WARRANTY
for the $3500, I opted for the 10-100k warranty... its not my daily so I hope to make it 7-8, maybe 9 yrs before 100k miles.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Quan2xr

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Honestly, I'm not really an expert on that but my assumption is that you're ordering a vehicle, and you're paying a price for the vehicle. Whether you buy or lease shouldn't really matter. You'll negotiate the price, and that will be the price of the vehicle, for which financing will not be decided until you take delivery of it, anyway.

I currently am in a lease on a 2020 JT Sport S, which I had my local dealership order for me (because at the time in July/August 2019, there were no manuals on the lots. Granted, I did not negotiate nearly as great a deal as 5 or 7% below invoice, because truth be told back then I had not done enough research or scouring of these forums to learn that I COULD do that. But, I would have if I could have. Of course, HAD I gotten that deal, I might have purchased instead.

@JayKrup gives a good point, you should look into Gupton Motors. I'm sure Daniel will do a 7% below invoice lease for you. I'm currently shopping to order a 2021 ecodiesel, and Gupton is one of the places with which I'm working.
I'm working with my dealer on an order, but was asked for an AR number to proceed with getting the discount below invoice. As far as I'm aware, I'm not a member because I don't qualify(I think) for the rewards. My research did come across tread lightly too for that extra percent off, but in terms of FCA AR, I'm not too sure. Is getting the $100 tread lightly membership enough to qualify?

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Meekal

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm working with my dealer on an order, but was asked for an AR number to proceed with getting the discount below invoice. As far as I'm aware, I'm not a member because I don't qualify(I think) for the rewards. My research did come across tread lightly too for that extra percent off, but in terms of FCA AR, I'm not too sure. Is getting the $100 tread lightly membership enough to qualify?

Any thoughts?
https://www.fcausaffiliates.com/

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...ly-discount-signup-summary-fca-program.14631/

There's a link to the thread on this forum regarding using a Tread Lightly membership to get an FCA Affiliate control number.

Basically, you pay the $100 for a Tread Lightly membership, they then provide you with their Company Code for the FCA Affiliate program, you use that to receive a Control Number. So, you'll submit the TL company code as well as your personal info on a form on the FCA Affiliates site, which will then grant you your FCA Control Number which you will submit to your dealer to receive the additional 1% below invoice, or whatever their deal is.

Keep in mind, however, that you must have joined Tread Lightly and been a member for 30 DAYS before your FCA CN is able to be honored on the purchase..aka, join TL, order Gladiator, get your CN 30 days later, then your gladiator gets delivered some days or weeks after that and you're good to go.

F3Orangeman

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTOD, ’02 F-150 SCrew
Occupation
Stay-at-Home Financial Analyst (thanks to COVID)

Any thoughts?
Many larger corporations have programs that will get you the FCA AR, as my employer does (large, national bank). I plug in my employer’s affiliate # into the FCA affiliates website, add my personal details, and I get a control # that I give to the dealer, along with proof of employment. Doing that with Tri City for a 1% discount.

As @Meekal said, the Tread Lightly membership works. It has been used extensively by members on this forum.
Sponsored