Sponsored

Power Mirrors and Remote Start not working after putting doors back on!

SmittyJD

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I had my doors off, but when I put them back on, my power mirrors do not work and remote start is not working either. I checked fuse - good. Any Ideas?2020 Gladiator Sport
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I had my doors off, but when I put them back on, my power mirrors do not work and remote start is not working either. I checked fuse - good. Any Ideas?2020 Gladiator Sport
Plug in the electrical connectors on the doors.

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I'm sure you did put the electric connectors back together, however they are finicky, and you may bent a pin, which will cause things to stop working. Search for bent pins or door connector issues and you'll find plenty of threads

Fpolanco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I second what @JTBurns says. Be sure the pins are super straightened out.

I’ve been reading on this forum that if the pins are bent even the slightest, stuff goes haywire.

Even better, most dealerships won’t warranty the harness if the pins are bent beyond repair, even though they’re super flimsy.

Sponsored

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU
It's the pins. I had the same exact thing happen last year. And this year. Sometimes it's as easy as pulling the plug apart and connecting it back together again.
My pins were too bent last year. Slight bend in a couple so they were missing the slot they were supposed to be in and sliding into the slot above or below.
Easiest solution I found was to put a piece of tape over the connector. Slide the pins in, then pull apart. Then you'll be able to see which pins need to be straightened.

OP
OP
SmittyJD

SmittyJD

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Thanks
I'm sure you did put the electric connectors back together, however they are finicky, and you may bent a pin, which will cause things to stop working. Search for bent pins or door connector issues and you'll find plenty of threads
Thanks for the advice.

OP
OP
SmittyJD

SmittyJD

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Thanks all! I used the tape to check the pins. I was able to straighten, but it still would not recognize the passenger front door. I have an appointment st the dealer on Nov 8. Thanks again for all the feedback!

Nick83

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Art Director
So I took my gladiator into Jeep this morning for the same thing. Noticed my power mirrors, remote start and child window lock switch was not working. They called and said unfortunately they can't cover this under warranty and will charge me 250 bucks to push the pins back. I almost said dont touch it, I'll do it myself, but I know if I were to get home and bend them back and it still not working I would have to take it back. Im hopping that happens to them tomorrow and will have to find the root of the problem and cover it under warranty.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
So I took my gladiator into Jeep this morning for the same thing. Noticed my power mirrors, remote start and child window lock switch was not working. They called and said unfortunately they can't cover this under warranty and will charge me 250 bucks to push the pins back. I almost said dont touch it, I'll do it myself, but I know if I were to get home and bend them back and it still not working I would have to take it back. Im hopping that happens to them tomorrow and will have to find the root of the problem and cover it under warranty.
It will be that connector. It's almost 100% of the cause any time the doors are removed and put back on and something doesn't work correctly.
If you had the doors off, put them back on and something isn't working, there's very little else it could be.
If you did NOT have the doors off, then no use looking at that connector.

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
You would think they would come up with another connector considering all the problems people have

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Uh, you are in tech support, correct?

I find it humorous that people find a technical device name "humorous" LOL

Jeep Gladiator Power Mirrors and Remote Start not working after putting doors back on! 1667519417207

Jeep Gladiator Power Mirrors and Remote Start not working after putting doors back on! 1667519478212

Nick83

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Art Director
Jeep Gladiator Power Mirrors and Remote Start not working after putting doors back on! im

UPDATE: So the jeep dealer had my truck for 5 DAYS and they gave up on it. Dropped it off on a Monday, called me Wednesday saying they fixed it. I showed up and paid (not covered by warranty) but I wanted them to unplug and plug the connector in front of me a few times before me driving home. Sure enough they unplugged it once and it was broken again. I told them to keep the keys and do it right. So Friday rolls around and they just give up on it saying they will give me my money back, order a new set of pins and call me in 7-12 days to reschedule an appointment to see if that will fix the issue. I get home pissed and look at it myself. Its a little hard to see but there is a tiny tiny horizontal piece of plastic that divides the slots the pins go into exactly under the red arrow tip. So I took a needle and straitened them out and removed so burred plastic that was damaged by the pins pushing on that part (photo is the male plug coming off the passenger door on a 2020 Jeep JT) Then I took the smallest allen key I have and straightened the pins on the female side and it fixed the problem. I plugged and unplugged it 6 times to verify the fix and its all good. Im really sick of the experiences I've had with Jeep service. Shouldn't be like pulling teeth to get someone to take their time and care for something like it was theirs.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Like I've suggested before - no tech these days are electricians. And I doubt any of them know how to actually use the tools that prep the wires, and crimp the pins in place or even how to properly release the sockets or pins.
I have 4 different expensive crimp tools and can't say I could do those exact connectors (maybe, one tool does have the inserts that should work)

Once those connectors are put together less than 110% perfectly aligned and if a person uses that lever to try to draw them together, all bets are off. Don't use that lever to pull them together is my advice.
Sponsored