Power Running Boards

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
Looking at power running boards for my Jeep gladiator rubicon. Been looking at the AMP research XL power running boards and the BPR Stealth running boards. I like them both but the BPR Stealth running boards are all plug in and go no splicing of the wires. Anybody running any of the running boards or what’s your thoughts on the one to go with.
Sponsored

drBassman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator; 2005 VW Passat TDI; Previous: 1978 CJ5; 1997 TJ Sport.
Doesn't appear RBP (I couldn't find any BPR) is making boards for JT yet...Those look *GREAT* on their website...

OP
OP

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just wonder if the JL 4 door model would fit also the BPR Stealth running boards have a motor on each bracket to deploy the running boards where the AMP research running boards just have one motor on one bracket to deploy the running boards also the BPR Stealth running boards are 1400 dollars where the AMP Research XL running boards are 1900 dollars

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
i has a set of Amp steps on my JK, they were excellent. Their new ones w/ 2 motors per step will be even better. The surface you place your foot on other models seems very narrow by comparison, my wife is not the most graceful person... I intend to buy a set for my JT next year when I order.
They are Not made to take a hit from rocks tho!!

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
i has a set of Amp steps on my JK, they were excellent. Their new ones w/ 2 motors per step will be even better. The surface you place your foot on other models seems very narrow by comparison, my wife is not the most graceful person... I intend to buy a set for my JT next year when I order.
They are Not made to take a hit from rocks tho!!
I have the amp steps on my slightly lifted F-350 and really like them. I’m debating getting them for the Rubicon but am wondering about the rock hazards I might encounter.
Other than that I love them.

Sponsored

OP
OP

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just looked at the Bestop Powerboard NX automatic running boards and these are wireless no wires to run or splice the work off 2 sensors mounted to the door jams they run around 1300 dollars

MR GRANITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave Gobi
Just looked at the Bestop Powerboard NX automatic running boards and these are wireless no wires to run or splice the work off 2 sensors mounted to the door jams they run around 1300 dollars
I did not see any info for these to fit Gladiator or JL?

OP
OP

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They like they would fit a JL or a gladiator because it looks like the 4 door models are the same just the gladiator has a bed I am going to call tomorrow and see what they say about if they will fit I like the Bestop NX power running boards because of no wires to cut just replace the batteries in the sensors

Jdschell

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Accord, 20 Palisade, 20 Gladiator
They like they would fit a JL or a gladiator because it looks like the 4 door models are the same just the gladiator has a bed I am going to call tomorrow and see what they say about if they will fit I like the Bestop NX power running boards because of no wires to cut just replace the batteries in the sensors
I have rockslide's power steps and love them. I originally bought the ones for the JL model, way back when -before they made them for the JT, thinking the same thing and it turned out they did not fit. Had to return them shipping, on me. Anyway, check out the Rocksliders, althought they cost close to 2k, they are SOLID!! I even got the to work with the tube doors and stay up when I go doors off.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
What happens if you have the doors off the Jeep? Do they stay in the up position and just not drop down at all? Or do they stay in the down position because they sense the door is open?

Sponsored

Aberk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Viper, 2020 Rubicon JT
What happens if you have the doors off the Jeep? Do they stay in the up position and just not drop down at all? Or do they stay in the down position because they sense the door is open?
There is an override switch that turns locks them in place (up or down). Before taking my doors off (with the doors closed) I switch them off and they stay up. If I am washing my truck, I'll open the doors, switch them off and close the doors, they stay down so I can reach the top of the truck more easily.

Ols5370

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland. BMW X4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrical worker
I went with amp ps xl. I really like the rock slide but I didn’t like the smaller step it has. I emailed about the rbp stealth but it’s not available for the jt yet
Sponsored