Sponsored

Powered Subwoofer Install Question 7” System

Lunar2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I’m in process of replacing the garbage factory speakers and I’m down to adding a powered sub.

I’m a relative newbie to audio upgrades but I think I have the kickers/woofers in correctly (despite +\- not matching Crutchfield’s guide unless the connectors they sent were incorrect)

I understand how to wire the power and ground the unit, but before I tear open the dash, does the factory amp have RCA or will I have to tap into the wires? The Crutchfield install instructions for the sub are extremely bad and don’t go over any of that.

Pretty much every install video I can find skips over that part as well or is installing a new amp/headunit.

I have the stock 7” non sub headunit.
Sponsored

Scorp702

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I strongly suggest having a multimeter in your toolbox. Not very expensive and they come in handy. Use the meter to test the leads on the factory wiring (plugs).

I didn't think the 7" system came with a factory amp but I may be wrong? If all it is is a powered sub I would just use a decent LOC (line out converter) and just tap into the soundbar speakers in the B pillar behind the passenger seat.