Sponsored

Premium Soft Top Replacement (not a recall per se)

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
So, there is a post on another forum claiming that Jeep has fixed the Premium soft top from making a loud rumble in certain situation by making it 12 mm shorter. Has anyone else heard anything about this? It only happened to me once on a very windy day and only lasted a minute or two, but if I can get a new top and the issue never comes back that would be great. The OP claimed he received his new soft top within a day of ordering.
Sponsored

e36racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, E36 BMW M3, E92 BMW M3
Can you post a link to the thread please? This is the first I've seen a complaint about the soft top. Needless to say, I'm still waiting on delivery, but ordered the premium soft top and would like to be aware of a potential issue. However, there is a certain level of noise tolerance to be expected with any soft top vehicle.

OP
OP
Kjm18

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Attorney
Can you post a link to the thread please? This is the first I've seen a complaint about the soft top. Needless to say, I'm still waiting on delivery, but ordered the premium soft top and would like to be aware of a potential issue. However, there is a certain level of noise tolerance to be expected with any soft top vehicle.
Itā€™s a closed Facebook group. The details were sparse.

OP
OP
Kjm18

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Attorney
Here is the post.

Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 7.58.37 PM.png

Rayzzz

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
How can you tell if the top you have is the premium top?

My Jeep likes my money

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kjm18

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Attorney
How can you tell if the top you have is the premium top?

My Jeep likes my money
The easiest way is to go to a dealer and look at both and compare it to yours. Also, if you have the factory tonneau it's the same material as the tonneau.

OP
OP
Kjm18

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Attorney
Well, I guess no one else has heard of this. Very strange.

Iabonir

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Well, I guess no one else has heard of this. Very strange.
Iā€™ve got an appointment for service for Wednesday next week for this issue. I called jeep directly and opened the case for it. Iā€™ll let you know how it goes. Iā€™ve had that roaring noise issue around 10-12 times in the two and a half months Iā€™ve had the gladiator so I hope they can replace it without an issue

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Iā€™ve got an appointment for service for Wednesday next week for this issue. I called jeep directly and opened the case for it. Iā€™ll let you know how it goes. Iā€™ve had that roaring noise issue around 10-12 times in the two and a half months Iā€™ve had the gladiator so I hope they can replace it without an issue
How did it go? My dealer refused to address without a service message form Jeep.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
@JeepCares are you able to comment on this? I experience the loud rumbling associated with the early soft tops. Is there a fix for this? My dealer would not repair because there is no service order.

Thanks!

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
@JeepCares are you able to comment on this? I experience the loud rumbling associated with the early soft tops. Is there a fix for this? My dealer would not repair because there is no service order.

Thanks!
Hi Bryan,
There are no TSBs associated with this concern, but I can add this to your current case for your case manager to look into further.
Alex
Jeep Cares

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU

Iabonir

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
How did it go? My dealer refused to address without a service message form Jeep.
They couldnā€™t replicate the problem. So They said thatā€™s thereā€™s nothing they can so and I Would have to wait til it happens again and make another appointment. It happened again this morning on my ride to work so i have to call and make another appointment. Itā€™s frustrating.

Iabonir

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
@JeepCares how many people need to complain about this before dealers start replacing them without multiple wasted trips to the dealer just for them to take the vehicle and say they drove it And cant find anything wrong due to them not being able to duplicate the issue.

Mholccombe

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
I have this problem as well. Got the dreaded ā€œcanā€™t replicateā€ line from the dealer. Mine rumbles and vibrates so badly you canā€™t use the rear view mirror. I even provided a video to dealer and they so didnā€™t fix it. Frustrating.
Sponsored