Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
While waiting for Jeep to get my order into production, I looked at the Jeep website and the features on the Rubicon have changed (i.e. 8.4" screen nav is not longer standard), and with the same attributes, including the NAV and Alpine system, the price went down over $2000.00. My dealer is Larry Miller in Albuquerque, so I'm sure it will be an argument, but I can always start over in Phoenix. I didn't look at the prices for the other models. I think with some dealers, you have to be able to walk. Mine is a MT, which Larry Miller has trouble selling.

Cheers for those of us who just ordered.
Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
As has been said many times before, don't go by the online configurator. It can (and has) often times be wrong. Go by what the order entry system the dealership uses says.

OP
OP
Geoarch

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
As has been said many times before, don't go by the online configurator. It can (and has) often times be wrong. Go by what the order entry system the dealership uses says.
I expect that it is the March prices, and we have only the February up. Regardless of price, they have moved the categories around. When I ordered mine in February the 8.4" screen NAV was standard. Now it isn't, but cheaper overall. Like I said, I expect it to be an argument with the dealer.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Don't go in looking to argue. Go by their configurator. Don't use the website's configurator as your source, it is known to be unreliable.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Geoarch

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Don't go in looking to argue. Go by their configurator. Don't use the website's configurator as your source, it is known to be unreliable.
If they ever build it...

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Clarify with your dealership before they build it. Do you want those options? I personally wouldn’t want to go without them.

OP
OP
Geoarch

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Clarify with your dealership before they build it. Do you want those options? I personally wouldn’t want to go without them.
Yeah, I did that about one week ago before the new stuff came out when the 8.4" NAV was standard. Not sure what Jeep will do with the 2022's that were ordered just before that.

GrubbyBaja

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 6-speed
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
The 7" screen was standard on my 2020 JTR. Alpine stereo was an option with the 7" screen and standard if you ordered the 8.4" screen.

J3colt

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon
I was just on jeep.com playing around with the "build your jeep" configurator and it still lets you price a 2021, and the 2022 config shows 8.4 standard on Rubicon.

Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I was just on jeep.com playing around with the "build your jeep" configurator and it still lets you price a 2021, and the 2022 config shows 8.4 standard on Rubicon.
I just rebuilt my JTRD on there. Everything is still the same. Still shows the 8.4 screen as the only option. And it still shows Gorilla Glass at $195. But it's really $495 on the sticker.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I’ve ordered a lot of vehicles for customers. They should be ordering with you via the order guide and going over everything with the customer, who would usually have their print off from the website build and price. Sometimes it was the same, but often different. Once we were in agreement, they’d sign off on it. Once the order was locked in the the manufacturer then your pricing and options should remain the same. Once the order was placed I’d have them sign off on it again. There should be no reason for surprises when your order arrives.

OP
OP
Geoarch

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I’ve ordered a lot of vehicles for customers. They should be ordering with you via the order guide and going over everything with the customer, who would usually have their print off from the website build and price. Sometimes it was the same, but often different. Once we were in agreement, they’d sign off on it. Once the order was locked in the the manufacturer then your pricing and options should remain the same. Once the order was placed I’d have them sign off on it again. There should be no reason for surprises when your order arrives.
Well at least there won't be any changes then.

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
You are looking at the 2021 model, not the 2022 model

Before you start the build, make sure the yellow line is under 2022
Jeep Gladiator Price drop on Rubicon 1646181114759

OP
OP
Geoarch

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You are looking at the 2021 model, not the 2022 model

Before you start the build, make sure the yellow line is under 2022
Jeep Gladiator Price drop on Rubicon 1646181114759
You're right, I'm sorry about that. If you selected a 2021 now, wouldn't they be using the same parts?
Sponsored