First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT
Occupation
Nurse
Never had tinting done before, but I'm curious what I should be paying for window tint/UV film on all the windows. Plan is to match side/back windows (~20%) including UV blocking film over all of them. Also, I'm planning on a very light tint on the windshield.

I don't know what the difference is between the two different tints, but my local tint place quoted me $764OTD for ceramic tint (includes windshield) and $957OTD for 'super ceramic' tint (includes windshield). I don't know the brands yet.

Seems a little steep to me. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
For ceramic all the way around, including windshield, the $764 sounds in line with what others are charging. I paid about $820 for 3M Crystalline all the way around, including windshield. If you put 20% on the back windows, it's going to come out looking closer to 7%-10% by the time you're done. If you want it all to look even, I suggest going 20% in front and 35% in rear. Personally, I wouldn't go below 70% on the windshield, but that's my opinion.

OP
OP

AustinL911

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT
Occupation
Nurse
For ceramic all the way around, including windshield, the $764 sounds in line with what others are charging. I paid about $820 for 3M Crystalline all the way around, including windshield. If you put 20% on the back windows, it's going to come out looking closer to 7%-10% by the time you're done. If you want it all to look even, I suggest going 20% in front and 35% in rear. Personally, I wouldn't go below 70% on the windshield, but that's my opinion.
Yea, plan is for all windows to match factory rear windows, whatever that may be. I'm thinking somewhere between 70-90% for the front windshield; something very light.

Thanks for the pricing. I guess they're not too far off. According to Google, its the most popular, well-reviewed place in the Columbus area. I need to visit in person to see what they use.

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
My rear windows and back window were all tinted and they were the same level of tint. The dealership threw in tinting the front windows for free, and they tinted them as dark as the rear ones. I'm really happy with it.

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, plan is for all windows to match factory rear windows, whatever that may be. I'm thinking somewhere between 70-90% for the front windshield; something very light.

Thanks for the pricing. I guess they're not too far off. According to Google, its the most popular, well-reviewed place in the Columbus area. I need to visit in person to see what they use.
What's the name of the place? I used to live in Reynoldsburg and Pickerington and I had a few vehicles tinted but I can't remember the name of the place.

Sponsored

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
My rear windows and back window were all tinted and they were the same level of tint. The dealership threw in tinting the front windows for free, and they tinted them as dark as the rear ones. I'm really happy with it.
FYI, your rear windows and back window were factory smoked glass, meaning the glass has a tint to it before it was installed. It does not have a tint film on it. The dealership also most likely used the cheapest grade window film you can imagine, that's how they do it "for free". Neither options offer much (if any at all) heat rejection or UV protection. It's always a better idea to actually have tint film installed over existing smoked factory windows and on the front windows that actually does a good job of keeping the vehicle cool and passengers from getting roasted.

tcracing

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' JTR Sting-Gray
Occupation
Sales
Wow.. That pricing is crazy!! In the Sacramento area I got mine done for 450-600 with Ceramic

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
First time I’ve ever heard something was cheaper than California prices. Both side windows to match the rear and windshield all ceramic for $300 (cash) $340 regularly.
Sponsored