Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
I just scanned some of these threads on the JL forum (didn't read all comments) to get an idea of how things transpired when they rolled out the JL. Found it interesting that pricing wasn't available until almost 2 months after order banks opened...
If these JT dates are legit (https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/gladiator-order-bank-opens-april.14361/) and things follow the JL history, then with production start/orders opening in April, we may not see prices until June.

Also noted when scanning the threads that the build & price on jeep.com wasn't working until the JL started to show up on dealer lots (since the B&P tool links you to local dealers with similar builds).
Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
This all just really sucks. I mean it stinks bad bad. I hope Jeep doesn’t do a repeat of the past. How about a good news post instead to make up for that one? I flat will not order without knowing what it will cost, is just like signing a blank check which as you know is Forest Gump stupid.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I don't think the JT launch will be like the JL as far as pricing goes. We already have build & price tools. We already know most of the prices of the options. Same as the JL's. The build and price tools opened well before ordering banks opened.

If my memory is correct build and price was available well before JL's hit the lots. Once production started the link to finding one at a dealers lot was available. I already had to correct myself once this week on something I remembered about the JL launch so take that into consideration:CWL:

I see pricing dropping before the media embargo.

OP
OP
kayakmike

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
I don't think the JT launch will be like the JL as far as pricing goes. We already have build & price tools. We already know most of the prices of the options. Same as the JL's. The build and price tools opened well before ordering banks opened.

If my memory is correct build and price was available well before JL's hit the lots. Once production started the link to finding one at a dealers lot was available. I already had to correct myself once this week on something I remembered about the JL launch so take that into consideration:CWL:

I see pricing dropping before the media embargo.
We have build, but no price, tools...

I did see mention on the JL forum that some people had to guess at what the options were based on dealers order banks (order bank just listed option and price), with no option descriptions on jeep.com or elsewhere. Definitely seems flipped with JT (options are known, but pricing is not).

I sure hope we see prices this month.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Let’s hope you are right Troybilt!!! Hopefully we should know in 2 to 3 weeks time I would guess, maybe less if they repeat slip like their delivery charge slip up. Had to laugh and smile about that one.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
This all just really sucks. I mean it stinks bad bad. I hope Jeep doesn’t do a repeat of the past. How about a good news post instead to make up for that one? I flat will not order without knowing what it will cost, is just like signing a blank check which as you know is Forest Gump stupid.
I agree for the most part. I would of never thought of ordering a new JL without pricing. We had no idea what any of the options where going to be priced at. Lots of new to Wrangler options to choose from.

Its a bit different for the JT. I believe all the options that are available for the JL will be priced to match.

If I was looking at a sport with the Max Tow Vs a Rubi I would not order until I seen pricing of Max Tow.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Pricing speculation in this forum has been very logical and I think most feel that it “should be” close to the current Wrangler price, which would please me to no end. However the one thing that concerns me is the statement from a guy at Jeep where he said it would be intentionally expensive. This means they could throw all of everyone here’s logical speculation out the window and we may be way off base. That’s why I gotta wait to see their confirmed price in black and white. In the meantime I cross fingers.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Let’s hope you are right Troubilt!!! Hopefully we should know in 2 to 3 weeks time I would guess, maybe less if they repeat slip like their delivery charge slip up. Had to laugh and smile about that one.
It may have not been a slip up. It reveled zero new info but got the JT fan club talking.

I think they where just getting ready to launch pricing.

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
It may have not been a slip up. It reveled zero new info but got the JT fan club talking.

I think they where just getting ready to launch pricing.
I do too. It's too obscure to think it was a viral marketing ploy that reached literally dozens of people. It wound those dozens up, but that doesn't amount to much. They (we) just talked to the same dozens of people we do every day anyways.

I think they were preparing and testing the live function of the website with blank values. I think prices are coming, and coming soon.

I've thought things and been wrong before.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
If I was looking at a sport with the Max Tow Vs a Rubi I would not order until I seen pricing of Max Tow.
This. Cause I'm overland manual if same price and below 39 OTD

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
you know whats crazy. I'm going to wait for ecodiesel, but I am still stressing about when pricing and ordering will show up
Now that's EMPATHY!

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
I would be okay with ordering before pricing is released as long as I can order Diesel and the colors I want. But both those things are "Late Availability" which sucks. They can't make your buy a truck you can't afford.
As for pricing, as an outsider, I do feel that Jeep has a lot of room in price to price it well above the Wrangler. I don't think they will, but they certainly could. In my eyes it doesn't have to compete with trucks in it's category on price because it's sooo much more as a package than they are.
I think a better strategy would be to offer only fully loaded models at the beginning (like Tesla did) that way they can make some of the money back upfront.