Problem with local dealers and service

Lumberjack500

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon Departed: 1979 CJ5, 1995 XJ, 1997 TJ, 2010 JK
Has anyone had any issues with buying from a reasonable dealer out of state, AKA Travis, and then have the local crazy dealer(3000 over MSRP) give you crap and not want to service your vehicle?
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Not directly but I have been told in the past by dealers that they will put paid work customers and warranty customers that bought from them in the queue first before dealing with warranty work from customers who have bought elsewhere.

Dealers by their franchise agreement have to accept warranty work customers regardless if they are bought elsewhere.

Like anything in life, things are many times built on relationships and if you spent your nut elsewhere, do not expect a dealer to bend over backwards to help you out. You can though alleviate it to some degree if you have your out of pocket paid maintenance and accessories bought from said dealership.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
Dealers make their money on service. Don't worry about it. The front office has little to do with the back office.

OP
OP
Lumberjack500

Lumberjack500

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon Departed: 1979 CJ5, 1995 XJ, 1997 TJ, 2010 JK
Not directly but I have been told in the past by dealers that they will put paid work customers and warranty customers that bought from them in the queue first before dealing with warranty work from customers who have bought elsewhere.

Dealers by their franchise agreement have to accept warranty work customers regardless if they are bought elsewhere.

Like anything in life, things are many times built on relationships and if you spent your nut elsewhere, do not expect a dealer to bend over backwards to help you out. You can though alleviate it to some degree if you have your out of pocket paid maintenance and accessories bought from said dealership.
I really wanted to buy from my local dealer but it was a 10000 difference

Sponsored

RIPLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2015 Jeep Renegade
It's a fact that you will get treated better at the dealership where you bought the vehicle from. That being said it's not worth 3K. I have had very good luck with the service departments where I bought my vehicles from and have had bad experiences at places where I didn't buy the vehicle.

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I bought locally at list price. IF my Gladiator ever shows up, I'll bring it to them for service.

I completely understand the lure of 5% under MSRP long distance purchases, but that wasn't my choice. I may have been tempted but in the end, I'm looking for a relationship that will support me in my Jeep adventures.
Sponsored