Sponsored

Production/Delivery Wave 1, Wave 2, Wave 3, Wave n ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
So there are posts about production/delivery waves... I think mostly we're hearing that the Launch Edition will not go out until Wave 3 (possibly August production for this wave?).

So what are the other waves exactly, is there any precedent from the JL launch? Does anyone know?
Sponsored

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
So there are posts about production/delivery waves... I think mostly we're hearing that the Launch Edition will not go out until Wave 3 (possibly August production for this wave?).

So what are the other waves exactly, is there any precedent from the JL launch? Does anyone know?
Jeep Wave is #1...

Jeep_Wave_1400x.jpg

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel

Why would launch edition not be the 1st production wave?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Like someone else pointed out LE production concludes in August. Regular customer orders delayed until May. My take: They will be producing dealer stock mixed in with LE, then work customer orders in.

OP
OP
Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
**No Allocations for "original Gladiators" (ie: Sport, Sport S, Overland, Rubicon) for April. It has been moved to May**
I talked to Travis about this particular line, and he understands this means we won’t be able to place custom orders till May. So even if they have a fast turn around, I doubt we’ll see our special orders till June or July. Which I think is Wave 2. That’s not even counting late availability colors, which we won’t be able to even order until they become available.

Based on the wording, it seems to me that the non-late availability colors will be allowed to be ordered in May... but late availability will not be in that first set of orders.

I’m also understanding that there is already a wave of production going on right now - probably wave 1. That wave seems to be plain old dealer allocations. Soon we may see that wave delivered and on dealer lots. But those will not include custom ordered vehicles at all, just what has been allocated to a dealer based on jeeps discretion.

I’m hoping wave 2 will include the first set of custom orders - and hopefully late availability colors. :fingerscrossed: But probably not...

Wave 3 must be coinciding with August production, given the wording used about production concluding in August.

Disclaimer: this is all my interpreting of what I’m hearing and reading by a mix of reputable and sketchy sources :angel:

Bluezlgnd

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I talked to Travis about this particular line, and he understands this means we won’t be able to place custom orders till May. So even if they have a fast turn around, I doubt we’ll see our special orders till June or July. Which I think is Wave 2. That’s not even counting late availability colors, which we won’t be able to even order until they become available.

Based on the wording, it seems to me that the non-late availability colors will be allowed to be ordered in May... but late availability will not be in that first set of orders.

I’m also understanding that there is already a wave of production going on right now - probably wave 1. That wave seems to be plain old dealer allocations. Soon we may see that wave delivered and on dealer lots. But those will not include custom ordered vehicles at all, just what has been allocated to a dealer based on jeeps discretion.

I’m hoping wave 2 will include the first set of custom orders - and hopefully late availability colors. :fingerscrossed: But probably not...

Wave 3 must be coinciding with August production, given the wording used about production concluding in August.

Disclaimer: this is all my interpreting of what I’m hearing and reading by a mix of reputable and sketchy sources :angel:
Thanks, this helps and actually pushes me back into wanting an LE tonight. Did I read somewhere that the Granite color was off the "Late Availability" list?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.