The Steph

First Name
Stephane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Ranger
https://www.motor1.com/news/228814/jeep-wrangler-pickup-production-april-2019/

What’s happening here, then, is a retooling for the Jeep-based pickup truck, which will apparently use a tweaked version of the Wrangler’s underpinnings. In addition, Automotive News says the truck’s launch will occur approximately one year after the plant shutdown, in April 2019.
“0
Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.motor1.com/news/228814/jeep-wrangler-pickup-production-april-2019/

What’s happening here, then, is a retooling for the Jeep-based pickup truck, which will apparently use a tweaked version of the Wrangler’s underpinnings. In addition, Automotive News says the truck’s launch will occur approximately one year after the plant shutdown, in April 2019.
“0
The plan was always to use the JK production line for the JT. April 2019 release sounds about right if the newest rumors are correct as they said a mid 2019 release.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I don't mind the longer than anticipated wait. But I hope I don't hear the initially expensive part again. Do not market this truck out of reach for so many that have waited so long.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I don't mind the longer than anticipated wait. But I hope I don't hear the initially expensive part again. Do not market this truck out of reach for so many that have waited so long.
I can wait till April 2019 to drive it. But for goodness sakes reveal it earlier and reveal pricing and options and all that crap way out in front so when ordering opens up we know exactly how to order and not have a repeat of the JL fiasco.

SS_Syndicate

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sevenslotsyndicate.com
Vehicle(s)
'13-JKUR, '16 KL Cherokee, '17 4-Runner, '67 Kaiser M715
Occupation
Engineer, Blogger, Vlogger
JL production remains at a very low 300 units a day. Until this gets close to 1000 the JK line will not be shut down. If this doesn't happen soon this time-line will drift. ....and so will my patience and interest.

Sponsored

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,
I hate to say it but I was correct in predicting that they would be "intentionally putzy".
If Ford beats them to the punch with the baby Raptor I'm sure many people will be "intentionally switching brands".

We'll see how good the new Wranglers are this year. If they have huge problems I might not want the JT afterall.

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think I'm going to start test driving the new Wrangler every day. I'm going to at least make a few sales people/GMs as annoyed as we are by them giving them hope that I'm going to buy one but keep holding back. I'm going to burn up lots of their fuel & waste lots of their time.

Maybe if enough of us do this around the world they will get the hint.

Who's with me?

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
too late just bought a colorado space cab with a trayback cant wait any longer maybe ill get 1 in a few years & well know what faults they have by then so ill be able to make a more informed purchase
cheers ian

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too late just bought a colorado space cab with a trayback cant wait any longer maybe ill get 1 in a few years & well know what faults they have by then so ill be able to make a more informed purchase
cheers ian
But you bought a colorado... you already know their faults but you bought one anyway?

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
well at least i didnt have to pay toyota tax & they dont seem to have too many dramas also dont forget you guys will likely get the JT a year before us so ill just about have this thing worn out by the time they arrive

Sponsored

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
well at least i didnt have to pay toyota tax & they dont seem to have too many dramas also dont forget you guys will likely get the JT a year before us so ill just about have this thing worn out by the time they arrive
Let us know what you think of it. I was actually thinking of getting one of those last year. I think you get a pretty good truck value with them. I'm trying to hold out as long as I can. I drive my 1994 Toyota pickup in the summer and it's up to 230,000 miles. I think I can get another 20,000 before something will go wrong with it.

jimbo92

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4
JL production remains at a very low 300 units a day. Until this gets close to 1000 the JK line will not be shut down. If this doesn't happen soon this time-line will drift. ....and so will my patience and interest.
Won't happen. JK production is stopping when it is because it doesn't meet safety standards required after that date.

OSO131

First Name
BRAYAND
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEVY 1500 SILVERADO
Occupation
USN
I’m a skip and a hop away from picking up a raptor........ I got to wait... just a bit longer....

wooderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
I’m waiting. I have a 2013 F-150 that’s serving me just fine.
Now will I get the JT the Raptor Ranger or the ZR2.
That all depends on just how awesome the JT is. Jeep gets the first shot at my money let’s see if they earn it.

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m waiting. I have a 2013 F-150 that’s serving me just fine.
Now will I get the JT the Raptor Ranger or the ZR2.
That all depends on just how awesome the JT is. Jeep gets the first shot at my money let’s see if they earn it.
Same here (except for the ZR2), I just can't get past my old possessed Chevy Beretta experience. The horn would go off at all hours of the night, middle of traffic, once it went off when a cop was in front of me at a light. The trunk would also pop open at random times.
Sponsored