Sponsored

Pros and Cons of Mopar 2.5" lift vs other brands?

SFBayArea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Hi guys, never had a Mopar lift before, always went for the aftermarket brands like Teraflex, Old Man Emu, etc.
What are good and bad things about Mopar 2.5" lift for Rubicon?
I assume it is going to be under warranty if installed by dealer, right? Is that the only reason to go for this lift kit?
Sponsored

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
If you have a Rubicon, it’s not worth it, IMO... You’re getting everything a stock Rubicon has, but 2” taller. So you just paid for a Rubicon suspension twice...Once when you bought it, and again with the Mopar 2” lift...

If you have any other model that didn’t already come with Fox shocks and better springs, then I can see it being a big upgrade over their stock suspension.

This is all just personal opinion...In the end, it’s your money, spend it how you like. I bought a Rubicon, so I started out with a Skyjacker 2.5”/1.0” spacer lift with extension brackets for my stock Fox shocks, and stuff... But now that I’m getting out of debt, I can afford to slowly upgrade everything to real hardcore off-road parts, like EVO Manufacturing 2.5” front coils, adjustable control arms, adjustable track bar, etc...

OP
OP

SFBayArea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
If you have a Rubicon, it’s not worth it, IMO... You’re getting everything a stock Rubicon has, but 2” taller. So you just paid for a Rubicon suspension twice...Once when you bought it, and again with the Mopar 2” lift...

If you have any other model that didn’t already come with Fox shocks and better springs, then I can see it being a big upgrade over their stock suspension.

This is all just personal opinion...In the end, it’s your money, spend it how you like. I bought a Rubicon, so I started out with a Skyjacker 2.5”/1.0” spacer lift with extension brackets for my stock Fox shocks, and stuff... But now that I’m getting out of debt, I can afford to slowly upgrade everything to real hardcore off-road parts, like EVO Manufacturing 2.5” front coils, adjustable control arms, adjustable track bar, etc...
It is for Rubicon model. The plus side of the Mopar that I see is that it covered under warranty, no?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
It is for Rubicon model. The plus side of the Mopar that I see is that it covered under warranty, no?
If installed by a dealer, I believe so, but unsure about that either way. I’d wait to find out from someone who would be able to answer that for sure.

z0lt3c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
I've had multiple dealers tell me the Mopar 2" lift is covered under factory warranty. I was also told that, even if a dealer doesn't install it, if you find one willing to work with you, they can add it to your build sheet as if they installed it. That said, I think this is about the only benefit.
Sponsored