Sponsored

Prospective buyers beware

teneck83

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE, 1966 Corvette Roadster L72, 1969 Corvette Coupe L46, 1990 Mustang GT Roadster, 2013 Viper GTS Track Pack, 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
These Gladiators have a known HVAC system problem that is still ongoing. Visit the thread within this forum. Looking back, I would not have purchased this gladiator if desired cabin temperature cannot be achieved.
Sponsored

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
These Gladiators have a known HVAC system problem that is still ongoing. Visit the thread within this forum. Looking back, I would not have purchased this gladiator if desired cabin temperature cannot be achieved.
I need a little more to go on. I have had no problems getting heat or cooling, but I have a very basic model Sport S. Literally 5 blocks and I'm blasted by hot air.

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
I haven’t had any problems with mine. Have you took it back to the dealer. Mine is the rubicon model.

Sponsored

NaughtyGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
I believe he's referring to some owners reporting that when using the AC and not setting it to auto, if you change from low to a specific temperature it blows hot. It has been stated that if you turn on the auto temperature control the issue goes away. I cannot confirm the issue is or isn't present on my rig as if I have the climate control on I leave it on auto.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I have noted one thing so far, maybe two, unsure of that though. One thing I DO note for sure - I leave it on auto most of the time. And it does a good job getting to temp. But once it's been running for a while, say I've driven over 30 minutes and it's warm in there, it kicks down and then you feel cold air blowing in and it doesn't warm back up again. Say it's set at 70 degrees, it does a good job of getting there, then settles down and maintains, then after a while it's like it kicks off and my wife even commented, I feel cold air now - and we checked the temp setting and it was at 71 at that time - yet you could tell it was cooling off in the cabin.
Choose defrost like I had to this am because the windshield was getting iced over fast and it kicks the fan on high, air gets really hot out the middle of the defrost, then you put it back to auto - and it doesn't get up to the temp you had it set at. Seems auto works fine at first, then kicks out and doesn't maintain that temp once it reaches it. When I hit defrost on part of our trip this am and then set it back to auto, it didn't stay at the 71 she had it set at and we both looked at it like what the heck? Why are we feeling cold air - the heat isn't even really on.
In short, auto works best, works fine until you change something and go back or until it's been on a while, then it drops back and doesn't maintain. You can manually manipulate it and get it warmer in there like she did, but auto did not maintain temp today.
Short runs under about 30 minutes it works great.
I originally thought it was working great, but after today and after realizing - hey she's right - it's not KEEPING it warm once it gets there... like it ramps up and kicks out hot air until it reaches temp, then back off and can't heat up again, like something sticking.

Hard to go to dealer with it because so far it's "just a gut feeling" that something isn't right. I need to actually track it better.

Since the temps here have been winter since I picked it up, never a need for AC and have run heat every time I've driven it I can't say how it would act outside of a cold day.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
C’mon, every vehicle make has issues. I’m tired of thread subjects like this from unhappy people. “Warning” buyers of potential problems is like warning people about the flu.

I’m sympathetic but there are pathways to happiness including warranty claims, lemon laws and selling the vehicle outright.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
C’mon, every vehicle make has issues. I’m tired of thread subjects like this from unhappy people. “Warning” buyers of potential problems is like warning people about the flu.

I’m sympathetic but there are pathways to happiness including warranty claims, lemon laws and selling the vehicle outright.
Well like we've said before - the numbers of JT owners that join forums, then of those the percentage that talks of a specific problem, compared to the total JT sales.....
Mine MAY have an issue - but I'm mostly tossing it out to see if it's just me, or is it normal or what. It's not a major issue really because both my wife and I are not bothered by changing fan speed, temp setting or whatever. I'm not going to a dealer as I don't know if it's even a problem. May not be. And full disclosure - today WAS windy......
For a thin shelled vehicle with removable roof - it's actually pretty good. I figured it would be horrible.

Now if it's an issue - then there's plenty of warranty time and it will get dealt with.

Rebornfungus

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase

I agree. If this is the deal breaker for someone, then the overall purchase may have been a mistake. I have my complaints and dislikes(as with anything)... but overall I still love the my Sport S. Posts like this are just clickbait unless part of the beware is that it catches fire or doesn’t work at all.

I also suspect much of this is because if you spend 40-60k on a car... steering and A/C is table stakes. If it was Honda Civic or HRV priced we’d see much less griping about small things.

Sponsored

OP
OP
teneck83

teneck83

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE, 1966 Corvette Roadster L72, 1969 Corvette Coupe L46, 1990 Mustang GT Roadster, 2013 Viper GTS Track Pack, 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
I believe he's referring to some owners reporting that when using the AC and not setting it to auto, if you change from low to a specific temperature it blows hot. It has been stated that if you turn on the auto temperature control the issue goes away. I cannot confirm the issue is or isn't present on my rig as if I have the climate control on I leave it on auto.
take if off auto and select “hi” temperature”. Once you are sweating decrease the temperature to anything lower than HI. Let us know the temperature that comes out of the vents

OP
OP
teneck83

teneck83

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Happy with my Rubicon. I was not an educated buyer, nor would I expect HVAC problems with a car that had 2 miles delivered. Had I known, definitely would have waited u til Jeep sorted it out

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,

I get what you're saying.... the one time I think it's worthy is when it's a safety issue. That steering thread seems legit.
Sponsored