Sponsored

PSA: Wait 10 Seconds After Insertion Before Pumping

ColdSRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon--2018 Jeep GC Trackhawk--99 Jeep Cherokee
I swear this is about refueling and not what you think. Haha.

I was getting gas this afternoon and finally paid attention to the little drawing on the back of the gas door. I have not been waiting and have had no troubles. I've heard of some guys in the trackhawk forums having trouble filling up. Their answer was to turn the pump handle upside down. I'm sure it has something to do with equalizing pressure, but now I'm going to have to check the manual for a problem I'm not having out of curiosity. First world problems...

20190701_143803.jpg

Edit: Crap, now that I look at it closer, it's wanting you to wait 10 seconds after pumping to pull out. Likely so you don't spew gas which is a problem people were having with the JKs. Oh well, good lesson for life anyways. Haha
Sponsored

DanOnTheCob

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I swear this is about refueling and not what you think. Haha.

I was getting gas this afternoon and finally paid attention to the little drawing on the back of the gas door. I have not been waiting and have had no troubles. I've heard of some guys in the trackhawk forums having trouble filling up. Their answer was to turn the pump handle upside down. I'm sure it has something to do with equalizing pressure, but now I'm going to have to check the manual for a problem I'm not having out of curiosity. First world problems...

20190701_143803.jpg

Edit: Crap, now that I look at it closer, it's wanting you to wait 10 seconds after pumping to pull out. Likely so you don't spew gas which is a problem people were having with the JKs. Oh well, good lesson for life anyways. Haha
Its an environmental thing, less gas spilled and evap into the atmosphere, global warming. Blah blah blah. It is good practice, I have done that for a while now, doing my part in helping mother earth.

RIPLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2015 Jeep Renegade
I never paid attention to that sticker maybe I should have. I used to spill gas on my fenders after every fill up, then I started to wait a few seconds after filling up and haven't spilled since, I wish I would have seen that sticker earlier.
Sponsored