Pulling Right After Tire install

CJtoJTR

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I installed a Mopar 2” lift w/ 3/4” daystar spacers in the front, kept the factory rubi wheel and tire set up and drove around for a day then had the Jeep dealership do an alignment. At that point everything was golden. The Jeep drove straight and felt just like stock.
I then installed some new wheels and 37’s. Now the Jeep pulls right and I mostly have to keep the steering wheel at 11 o’clock to go straight down the road.
I’ve played around with the air pressure (I’m running 30 psi cold, gets to 35 psi warmed up) and I had discount tire (where I had the wheels and tires installed) cross swap the wheels. Same issue
Most of you guys have more expertise with suspension and tire setups than me so I was hoping to get some thoughts on what my issue might be here and some things I could try to get’r tracking straight again?

75507821-F7A0-44FA-B2E5-2EEF53E33473.jpeg
Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I recall reading something about MT tires causing a pull to the right. Those tires look like a MT style tread.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
you may just need to adjust your drag link to bring the steering wheel back to center.

otherwise, your front end geometry may be out of whack and you need a new track bar that will allow you to re center your front axel after the lift.
Jeep Gladiator Pulling Right After Tire install c35b154262c6f4c7847d56730ec06aaa

This pic shows how lifting a jeep without adding an adjustable track bar moves the front axel towards the drivers side, which can lead to the wheels pulling until the front end geometry is fixed.
Jeep Gladiator Pulling Right After Tire install ThisJustHappened

OP
OP
CJtoJTR

CJtoJTR

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I recall reading something about MT tires causing a pull to the right. Those tires look like a MT style tread.
Yeah, they’re Cooper STT Pro’s

OP
OP
CJtoJTR

CJtoJTR

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
you may just need to adjust your drag link to bring the steering wheel back to center.

otherwise, your front end geometry may be out of whack and you need a new track bar that will allow you to re center your front axel after the lift.

This pic shows how lifting a jeep without adding an adjustable track bar moves the front axel towards the drivers side, which can lead to the wheels pulling until the front end geometry is fixed.
I start with trying to center the wheel and go from there. Thanks for the awesome diagram!

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
If it drove fine with no pull after the lift and alignment and all you did was change the wheels and tires the issue is with the wheels and tires. I would not adjust the steering wheel to compensate for the pull, it will not change the pull just make the wheel be centered.

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
Assuming the tire pressures are the same side to side, cross rotate the front tires. If it pulls the opposite direction, it's likely the tire on the side it's pulling toward that has the radial pull issue.

Did you by chance install a monotube steering stabilizer like a Fox 2.0 without the relocation bracket? That will make a JT/JLit pull right too

OP
OP
CJtoJTR

CJtoJTR

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Assuming the tire pressures are the same side to side, cross rotate the front tires. If it pulls the opposite direction, it's likely the tire on the side it's pulling toward that has the radial pull issue.

Did you by chance install a monotube steering stabilizer like a Fox 2.0 without the relocation bracket? That will make a JT/JLit pull right too
No steering stabilizer. Is was actually my first thought to do that but then I read somewhere on the forum an aftermarket stabilizer actually could cause the problem I’m having.

OP
OP
CJtoJTR

CJtoJTR

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
If it drove fine with no pull after the lift and alignment and all you did was change the wheels and tires the issue is with the wheels and tires. I would not adjust the steering wheel to compensate for the pull, it will not change the pull just make the wheel be centered.
This is what I was thinking as well. So I had the front tires cross rotated, it just didn’t make any difference.

tjbrown23

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Quite odd, I have the same lift and same 37in tires and it pulls to the right. Installed a steersmarts adjustable track bar along with the lift. I'm going back for another alignment tomorrow and adding teraflex 1.5 leveling kit, exhaust, and the fox ats steering stabilizer, my guess is the track bar isn't adjusted properly. I'll report back if I figure it out. Hope we can both get them to run straight lol.

Sponsored

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
This is what I was thinking as well. So I had the front tires cross rotated, it just didn’t make any difference.
In that case, it could very well be the mud tread making it pull. I have seen a pattern at times with 4 row mud tread patterns pulling right.

A simple fix that would knock out 2 issues at the same time is to install Synergy's stabilizer relocation and a Fox 2.0. Just did this for a client with MTR's and right pull. Goes strait down the road now and has a quick reacting stabilizer so death wobble wont creep up on him.

OP
OP
CJtoJTR

CJtoJTR

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
In that case, it could very well be the mud tread making it pull. I have seen a pattern at times with 4 row mud tread patterns pulling right.

A simple fix that would knock out 2 issues at the same time is to install Synergy's stabilizer relocation and a Fox 2.0. Just did this for a client with MTR's and right pull. Goes strait down the road now and has a quick reacting stabilizer so death wobble wont creep up on him.
Thanks for that info. I’ll see what tjbrown23 reports back for the new alignment and start formulating a plan from there.

OP
OP
CJtoJTR

CJtoJTR

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Quite odd, I have the same lift and same 37in tires and it pulls to the right. Installed a steersmarts adjustable track bar along with the lift. I'm going back for another alignment tomorrow and adding teraflex 1.5 leveling kit, exhaust, and the fox ats steering stabilizer, my guess is the track bar isn't adjusted properly. I'll report back if I figure it out. Hope we can both get them to run straight lol.
Looking forward to see if another alignment helps or if I need to start pursuing a stabilizer.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Reactions: Mac

tjbrown23

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Looking forward to see if another alignment helps or if I need to start pursuing a stabilizer.
I'll let you know how mine drives after the alignment and this steering stabilizer. Hoping it firms things up a bit, I feel like I'm wandering all over the place coming from a Nissan Titan that I could drive with my pinky lol.
Jeep Gladiator Pulling Right After Tire install Screenshot_20210208-173125_Chrome
Sponsored