Sponsored

Punk'n or Gobi?

Solarinsocal

First Name
Hisanori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Toyota Hiace 4wd, 2007 Toyota Avalon, 2010 Ram Power Wagon, 2014 Mini Cooper S, 2016 Lexus GS350F
I need help! I'm about to place an order for a Gladiator Rubicon but I'm struggling between Punk'n and Gobi! Pros and cons please.
Sponsored

Donkey Fluffer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU and 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
My wife has a Punkin Sahara JL. It really grew on me and I like it a lot, but I ordered a Gator JT Rubicon.

Gobi and Sting Gray were my 2nd choices. All of them will be easy enough to match colors with the military tactical theme I'm shooting for. Already on her Punkin, we have had difficulty finding a good matching orange, though black certainly looks great.

In the end, which one can you see in your driveway five years from now and still be in love?

Whiplash2130

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F450, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Guy
PUNK’N! It’s Halloween! (And the wife loves it)

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
If you plan to go with black accessories, it's hard to beat Punk'n Orange. It also looks very different, and very great, when it's dirty. Who could really tell if Gobi was dirty, clean, or in between? :LOL:

treefrog

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n Gladiator and a DR6fiddy
Occupation
Retired US Army.
I've been driving a Gobi JKU for just over two years. I ordered it from the factory cause that was the color option that I wanted. I am not the "black, white, silver, red" buyer that all of the dealers stock. I llike the colors that I can find in the mall parking lot. lol

Gobi Pros:
1. It hides dirt really well. I'm not talking about mud or red clay, but if you only wash your Jeep every six months, you won't realize it was even dirty until you wash it.
2. Black accessories go well with Gobi. (I am the anti-chrome. Won't find chrome on anything I own)
3. I'm retired Army. Gobi reminds me of sand camouflage. I dig that.
4. It's different, but now Ford, Toyota, and even Chevy have their own version. I like different.

Gobi Cons:
1. It is harder to spot in a parking lot than you would think.
2. It's not "bright" if that is something you like.
3. Get used to telling people you drive the "sand" colored Jeep. If you tell them you're in the Gobi one, they just sit there with a blank look on their face.

That's about it. I've enjoyed my Gobi Recon, BUT saying that, I just ordered a Punk'n Gladiator. Why the switch? I've always been a orange fan and I'm glad Jeep is offering a flavor of it I like. (didn't care for the version they offered back in '15. it was too red for my taste)

I don't think you can go wrong with either. You just need to listen to the one that is calling your name.

Sponsored

Pnkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Obviously your personal preference is all that matters. That being said...Punk’n all day long!

Guarantee you will love whatever you choose. It is an incredible vehicle.

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Obviously it all boils down to personal preference. I've ordered a Gobi because I'm retired military and I prefer the military themed colors. Having served in the Vietnam War and in Desert Storm, I plan to keep my Jeep Green JK and the Gobi Gladiator as representing that service (the JT has been shipped and should arrive in the next couple days). I did just spend a few days meandering the Gila National Forest with a friend of mine who has received a Punk'N. From a photography perspective, it really does stand out over the darker colors. The Gobi should also photograph well, though it won't be a strong contrast in most natural settings. The Gobi probably won't show dirt as much as my Jeep Green JK does. The Punk'N does show dirt well. Here are a couple pics of his JT and his Fifteen52 steel-look alloy wheels, which I also intend to purchase ...

SW-NM Fall Adventure, Oct 19, 5_3119, Day 3 Drive.jpg
MD5_3362.JPG
MD5_3357.JPG

If you'd like to see a few more glimpses of Punk'N in the wild, check out this teaser video on my YouTube channel ...

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
. . . on that same Military Themed idea, being retired Navy ('04) . . . IF/When I get a JT/JLU in 2020 . . . I'm thinking the Destroyer Grey up top and then changing out the fenders to the painted deepest Blue (water) color available & have my My added Mopar Step/Rails painted the same Blue . It will look like a Navy Ship on the high seas (hopefully) ? The plastic bumpers may have to go (for metal) and paint those the same blue as well . . . hope I don't get Sea-Sick when I'm rolling along slowly in the hill country ! ? :like: ;)
Sponsored