Sponsored

Punk'n = red or silver dash?

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I'm curious to see which Rubicon dash color comes with Punk'n Orange. The Gladiator configurator shows the red dash for Punk'n Rubis, which is certainly bold with the orange exterior. On the JL, however, Punk'n results in a silver dash. I suspect the configurator is wrong, and us Punk'nheads will be receiving silver dash panels. Still, it'll be interesting to see.
Sponsored

Linx

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk’n JT
I'm curious to see which Rubicon dash color comes with Punk'n Orange. The Gladiator configurator shows the red dash for Punk'n Rubis, which is certainly bold with the orange exterior. On the JL, however, Punk'n results in a silver dash. I suspect the configurator is wrong, and us Punk'nheads will be receiving silver dash panels. Still, it'll be interesting to see.
I hope the configurator isn’t wrong. I’m planning on getting saddle leather just to get rid of the red stitching and dash. Otherwise I would be fine with black cloth.

DamonC64

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon
Well you may be right about the silver dash panels. The gravity concept is a Rubicon and it has silver dash panels.
jeep-gladiator-gravi-4_800x0w.jpg

Linx

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk’n JT
Well you may be right about the silver dash panels. The gravity concept is a Rubicon and it has silver dash panels.
jeep-gladiator-gravi-4_800x0w.jpg
Maybe @JeepCares can confirm if Punk’n has red or gray dash and what color the stitching is. (With black cloth interior)

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Someone asked that question in the Sting Gray thread yesterday. Doesn't matter vehicle color, depends on trim level, interior seat color and leather or cloth.

Rubis get red dash with black cloth or leather, gray dash with saddle (unless you get an LE with has the leather dash, but isn't available in Punk'N)
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...ers-future-check-in.17024/page-49#post-294964

Sponsored

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Diesel
I was wondering the same thing. My Punk’n JL Rubi has the grey colored dash but auto show pics of the Punk’n Gladiator and Jeep online build show red. Not sure what we are gonna get. (I have the black leather seats)

Last edited:

DamonC64

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon
Now the other and more likely reason is that this Rubicon was produced with tan leather to get the grey dash and white stitching and then had aftermarket set covers installed. You can clearly see that the seat covers are not standard issue.

jeep-gladiator-gravity-8.jpg

OP
OP
LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Now the other and more likely reason is that this Rubicon was produced with tan leather to get the grey dash and white stitching and then had aftermarket set covers installed. You can clearly see that the seat covers are not standard issue.
Perhaps, but the JL configurator shows JLR + cloth = silver. The JT configurator shows JT + cloth = red.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
I'm not sure why they would change it from the JL. I would expect that it'll be silver.

OP
OP
LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I'm not sure why they would change it from the JL. I would expect that it'll be silver.
In the end, that seems right to me, too. I'm honestly good either way. But the configurator disconnect is strange, albeit very "Jeep."

Sponsored

DamonC64

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon
Perhaps, but the JL configurator shows JLR + cloth = silver. The JT configurator shows JT + cloth = red.
Yes on the JLR configurator it does show a silver dash with cloth seats but it still shows red stitching. The only way to get rid of the red dash and red stitching is to go with the tan leather.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
Yes on the JLR configurator it does show a silver dash with cloth seats but it still shows red stitching. The only way to get rid of the red dash and red stitching is to go with the tan leather.
Tan will get rid of the red stitching, yes. But no configuration on a Punk'n JL has a red dash.

We don't know if the dash on a JT will be red or not, but it seems likely that it'll follow the JL.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Tan will get rid of the red stitching, yes. But no configuration on a Punk'n JL has a red dash.

We don't know if the dash on a JT will be red or not, but it seems likely that it'll follow the JL.
This is a JT, not a JL. The dash color has been discussed extensively (especially after they updated the configurator at launch). The Gladiator brochure makes it pretty clear what interior combinations there are. Exterior color doesn't change dash color.

https://www.jeep.com/gab.html, Gladiator p 54:
upload_2019-7-25_9-31-8-png.png

OP
OP
LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
This is a JT, not a JL. The dash color has been discussed extensively (especially after they updated the configurator at launch). The Gladiator brochure makes it pretty clear what interior combinations there are. Exterior color doesn't change dash color.
Cool! Then Punk'n JTRs with black cloth or black leather will have a red dash, while Punk'n JLs will have a silver one. That makes Punk'n JTs pretty unique!
Sponsored