Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I would like to element the door check rods to make it faster to remove and reinstall the doors. I tried to just push them into the door once I had them off but it seamed to take a lot of force to get them to move so I stoped before I broke something.

Has anyone seen or done this? Do they go in far enough to not touch the door jam once the door is closed? I don't want to scratch the door jam all to hell.
Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2018 JLUR, 2023 JTuRD
Yes, they are stiff! Just push them in, it takes a strong pull to get them out when you go to reattach them.

Gregj

the-dude-abides

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020
I would like to element the door check rods to make it faster to remove and reinstall the doors. I tried to just push them into the door once I had them off but it seamed to take a lot of force to get them to move so I stoped before I broke something.

Has anyone seen or done this? Do they go in far enough to not touch the door jam once the door is closed? I don't want to scratch the door jam all to hell.
Yes they take some force. And yes once in they clear the door frame and don't contact it. Makes door removal super fast. Have had mine that way for a couple of weeks.
Sponsored